Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1331 / Visits Today: 1331
Highest Active Users: 1331
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Bush Hog Restoration
 Bush Hog JBI Repower

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
olcowhand Posted - 10/23/2007 : 19:02:15
Putting a monster sized engine in my JBI. It fits under the hood, but had to raise hood & dash 1 1/2" to clear spark plugs. It's a Wisconsin TJD twin. Factory says 18.2hp @ 3600rpm, but the HP rating doesn't do it justice as it's a monster torquer for sure. It came off an old Yazoo rider I picked up. I will be using the 60" deck off the Yazoo to build a pull type mower that will run off the rear PTO that I am adding to the tractor. That's why I wanted the big strong engine. It mowed like crazy on the Yazoo, but it had little traction & was a beast to operate, to say the least. The engine had been rebuilt & runs great. I now have engine fitted properly & mounting holes drilled, cut a slot in foot panel to build a driveshaft hump as it had to be raised 1" and would have been touching on the front end. Have raised dash also. Here's a couple pics in start stage.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
olcowhand Posted - 03/24/2009 : 18:49:15
quote:
Originally posted by allisstuff

What meds does your doctor have you taking?

The steroid prescription box is at home. I can't remember the name, but I'll check when I get home. The pharmacist was very insistent that it would likely make me sick in my stomach, but not nary a problem.
I took 6 the 1st day, then 5, then 4....one less each day till gone.
My arm still tingles some today, but much improvement. Like I said, the best part was my feet & hands & that's not the issue I even went to the doc for!
allisstuff Posted - 03/24/2009 : 18:39:02
What meds does your doctor have you taking?
olcowhand Posted - 03/23/2009 : 22:07:47
quote:
Originally posted by Roy

Daniel,

It isn't gout. With gout you can feel every heartbeat and soaking your foot in a tub of ice water feels good. Don't want to depress you but if you are only 50 it will get worse. I can hardly walk without my arthritis pills due to pain in my knees and feet. What they say about "life begins are 40" is true. What they don't tell you is how much more it hurts.

Hang in there.

Forgot to tell you guys...got checked for carpal tunnel, but turned out I checked out fine. BUT he determined I have a bad case of tendonitis causing my arm tingles & numbness in fingers. The tendonitis is affecting my medial nerve. He put me on steroid treatment pack. My arm is still tingling, but better. The big change is in my hands & feet. I was having LOTS of pain that I assumed was arthritis & it likely was. The meds also read to be proper treatment for arthritis besides tendonitis. Feel SO much better now. Figure to get on regular meds for the arthritis, now that I know I can get relief.
olcowhand Posted - 03/23/2009 : 22:07:22
quote:
Originally posted by MarksA-C

A engine like that popped up here in WI. Would you say it would be someone easy to fit into a 7016? Extended frame and all that...

Heighth of engine would be the main concern. I don't know the height off top of my head, and can't measure till Thursday.
MarksA-C Posted - 03/23/2009 : 21:54:30
A engine like that popped up here in WI. Would you say it would be someone easy to fit into a 7016? Extended frame and all that...
Roy Posted - 10/01/2008 : 20:43:16
Daniel,

Now that looks like one tough, mean tractor. I like it. And, with the two cylinder Wisconsin it should have plenty of power.

Carry on,
olcowhand Posted - 10/01/2008 : 20:37:36
Here's the 2 decals I cut today.

olcowhand Posted - 10/01/2008 : 20:36:41
Taking the JBI and my rustiest D4-10 to our local tractor show this
Saturday. Been cleaning up the JBI today & even with old paint looks
pretty decent. Made some decals to dress it up a tad. Furniture
polish brought some luster back to the paint too. Posted some more
pics of it in pic section under "modified JBI".
I can only take so many due to trailer size & time, so I'm taking my
rustiest D4-10 to go after "Ugliest Garden Tractor". No offense
intended, but she is mighty rusty & dirty. Taking her as-is, dirt,
dust, & all! LOL All my tractors run & drive, and that's required for
the show.
Taking 3 other tractors that I will have for sale signs on...my
MF12, Unico 15, and my MF85. Too many tractors & too many debts, so
thinning the herd, but NOT any Bush Hogs nor my Allis, that's for certain!
Next year I WILL have this JB repainted, so going after "Best of
Show" with her then!

olcowhand Posted - 07/28/2008 : 09:20:34
Roy...geez thanks! Yeah, I think it's arthritis, especially since I know that's in my knees, hands, and shoulders. Goes back to that old saying...."Just grin & bear it"! One thing I always try hard to do is keep my sense of humor. I have it soooo good compared to so many worse off. I'm quite thankful for what I have..worldly & healthwise. Oh, & Roy, doc said when my arthritis gets worse, I'll be on some pills for that too.
Roy Posted - 07/28/2008 : 00:41:51
Daniel,

It isn't gout. With gout you can feel every heartbeat and soaking your foot in a tub of ice water feels good. Don't want to depress you but if you are only 50 it will get worse. I can hardly walk without my arthritis pills due to pain in my knees and feet. What they say about "life begins are 40" is true. What they don't tell you is how much more it hurts.

Hang in there.
oldron Posted - 07/27/2008 : 23:23:14
Getin old sure is fun !
Ron.
skunkhome Posted - 07/27/2008 : 23:19:20
Gee! Daniel, sounds kinda like Job. I know your profession leaves little down time for you to heal up (the girls wouldn't hear of it).

I need to make a point to keep you and your family in my prayers.
olcowhand Posted - 07/27/2008 : 20:08:49
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

Daniel, whats going on with your feet? Hope nothing serious!

No....well at least I hope it isn't! Doc says it's arthritis, while all older folks say it's gout. I don't have hardly any swelling period, but I have to wear boots 2 or 3 sizes larger than normal to prevent any pressure on my feet at all. Shoelaces as loose as possible. Even still, when I take my shoes off it's like heaven! Teresa will even give them a good old rub if my feet aren't too "aromatic"! They feel as though they are bruised all the time. Takes worse spells just like my hands with arthritis, but the feet are like this 90+% of the time. Really though, it does really drag down my hobby time. Most nights I just don't feel like being on my feet if I don't have to be. I do most my hobby stuff on my days off, as early in the day as possible.
Teresa has womenz parts outpatient surgery Tuesday, nothing drastic, but should make her feel better. I have to get my right knee & chest x-rayed the same day. My knee comes & goes, and my sternum hurts a lot. Feels like a "pop" when I move just wrong. Doc thinks I have a rib problem where they fuse to the sternum. Teresa also has to have a spot of skin cancer taken off August 5th. They say not a thing to worry about, that it's the simple type...easy to remove & forget about.
Hey, I turn 50 soon, so am I not on track? Teresa is only 46, so it's hitting her earlier. I sure hope this all has her feeling better.
Well Phil, you asked. So now you know all I do. Sorry if I ranted on about this stuff, but it is on my mind. Thanks for your concern!
skunkhome Posted - 07/27/2008 : 18:14:49
Daniel, whats going on with your feet? Hope nothing serious!
olcowhand Posted - 07/27/2008 : 15:01:43
The alternator bracket is strong as ever. Everything on this tractor has been fairly easy to make it to look like it was built this way. One thing that helps is that the whole tractor is built basically on a square/rectangular shape.
I appreciate the compliments. I love to build stuff when I feel up to it. My feet are hurting/burning now, but I'm still in the mood to weld stuff.
I am hoping to get this painted by the first week of October for "Lincoln Days" in my county, but not sure if I'll make it. If everything goes well I will, but nothing runs smooth long on a farm.
Those weights just cost me $84 INCLUDING the shipping! I bought two sets! I didn't truly need 2 sets of them, but at that price I HAD to buy extra.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1