Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1517 / Visits Today: 205
Highest Active Users: 1517
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 need lights on my Kubota
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  22:56:56  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What do you think about this arrangement?

Or I could mount them down on the frame. It is possible I might have some nice bullets coming, then Roy and I can have "Street Rods". I am going to have to fabricate some kind of "new" grill. The grills on these Kubotas certainly aren't on par with the rest of the tractor which is pretty much top notch in execution.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  23:25:37  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd go a bit higher; I'd want the lights to not be blocked by implements (aka a plow), not crushed when I go brush cutting/plowing through brush, and just not be in the way.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  23:42:35  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B112

I'd go a bit higher; I'd want the lights to not be blocked by implements (aka a plow), not crushed when I go brush cutting/plowing through brush, and just not be in the way.

what ever do you use a plow fer?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Homesteader

438 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2008 :  05:40:17  Show Profile Send Homesteader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B112

I'd bolt the lights on too. That tape won't hold up and looks kind of tacky. 'course some like tacky.

Greg

Edited by - Homesteader on 08/29/2008 05:40:40
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2008 :  06:42:37  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome
what ever do you use a plow fer?

Brush, pricker bushes, tall water weeds, oh and that white stuff called snow... Dirt is better by the grader blade. I use the solid 42" blade for the summer stuff, don't like the spring action releasing when I am trying to break through brush. You'd be surprised what a 63' vintage machine can do to over grown weeds. I have a water zone in my yard and get these swap weeds (actually look nice), but they migrate.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Roy

USA
1366 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2008 :  09:11:14  Show Profile  Visit Roy's Homepage Send Roy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Obviously I like the "low boy" look but why not put them in the top of the grill where they belong?

Roy
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2008 :  20:37:11  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roy

Obviously I like the "low boy" look but why not put them in the top of the grill where they belong?

/WELL THE grill is a mess and the light fixtures are gone. I do have an inquiree with one guy who is parting out a tracotr to get the grill with headlights. Have not heard back from him.

What about these?

I was also considering "chopping and channeling".

Phil

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 08/29/2008 21:30:53
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2008 :  21:27:59  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Homesteader

I'd bolt the lights on too. That tape won't hold up and looks kind of tacky. 'course some like tacky.

Greg, I guess my friends are proof enough.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

haykarenhardy

USA
199 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2008 :  21:29:51  Show Profile  Visit haykarenhardy's Homepage Send haykarenhardy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why not mount them the same height as the lights on you Allis Chalmers? You can't go wrong.
Stan

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2008 :  21:57:53  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by haykarenhardy

Why not mount them the same height as the lights on you Allis Chalmers? You can't go wrong.
Stan

I actually was thinking of getting some light pods and mounting them same as Sweet Allis.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic