Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 922 / Visits Today: 922
Highest Active Users: 922
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Wanting new paint
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jay2_45644

23 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2015 :  07:48:56  Show Profile  Visit jay2_45644's Homepage Send jay2_45644 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone know who in the Ohio area would paint an AC 314? I would like to find someone experienced in restoring these tractors, not just any ole painter. My son has decided to put a little money into the tractor, it actually belongs to my 83 yr old Father who passed it on to us 10 yr's ago but would like it back if he ever moves back out where he can mow again. "If" that were to happen we would like to have it looking it's best. Thanks for any thoughts, links, etc.

Jay

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  14:43:35  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had an auto repair shop offer to do one of my tractors.....but only after I took it apart and brought them the sheet metal. They didn't want to take it apart(don't blame them) and they didn't want to try to do it while it was together and attempt to tape it up and all(that sounds impossible to do well). But I am sure any auto shop would be blast and paint them if you brought the pieces in......

Jon
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  16:21:42  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another suggestion might be an implement dealer or someone who restores tractors. Go to some antique tractor shows and look at the restorations there. If you see one you like ask the restorer if he would be interested in helping you out. You might ask several and get an idea what the prices are.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Edited by - Cvans on 07/06/2015 16:24:04
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  19:49:02  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chris has a great idea...I have been asked by folks, and I think it would be fun to do (if I were retired). There are a couple craigslist ads here offereing tractor restorations. Maybe there is something near you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic