Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1495 / Visits Today: 183
Highest Active Users: 1495
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Hope to finish in 2015, 2014 didnt work!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

indianakid

34 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2014 :  16:53:30  Show Profile Send indianakid a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I for one will be glad 2014 is over. It started out with all kinds of hopes and dreams of completing my backhoe project only to be replaced with a diagnosis of prostate cancer in early March. So after surviving robotic surgery I find out that they “may have missed something” so then I went through 9 weeks (40 treatments) of radiation. Just finished up Dec 20. So now to pick up the pieces and try to get er done. I had a bunch of parts plasma cut before my surgery and have managed to machine a few parts and weld up the bucket on some of the good days I had. I also managed to make and install my foot control. Works pretty nice. The hydraulic tank fits into the sub frame and has a total capacity of 4 .25 gal. it will be working with 2.5 gal in the tank with all cylinders fully extended and 3.5 retracted (FEL and Backhoe). Here's to a good year !!!

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2014 :  22:01:59  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope your on the mend and continue to heal. What you done on your project looks very nice so far. Please keep us updated.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2014 :  22:18:05  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's to a good year indeed!!! I certainly hope 2015 treats you to good health. As for the parts you have made to date, impressive!

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

lilypad

USA
638 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2014 :  23:30:45  Show Profile  Visit lilypad's Homepage Send lilypad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck with the prostrate thing. They do tend to cause problems when you get older. You should have lots of time to work on your projects since the surgery tends to mess up your sex life.

RLM

Edited by - lilypad on 12/31/2014 23:31:28
Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2015 :  14:36:07  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking very good so far. Hope the health problems are over. Take care and post pics of your progress....Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2015 :  23:31:11  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like some well thought through engineering.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2015 :  05:33:46  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that's some engineering project. Keep up the good spirits and wishing you the best in health and wellness in the new year.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2015 :  08:56:33  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is some nice work there! Thanks for the pics, and sending prayers you heal free of cancer.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

indianakid

34 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2015 :  17:50:45  Show Profile Send indianakid a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thank you for all the well wishes. its been three weeks since i finished radiation and i am beginning to feel a little better. started back at work this week with out any issue other than taking many trips to the restroom:) i am really looking forward to making progress on the backhoe project before any thing else goes wrong. i have a lot of pins and bushings to machine then the welding it all together should go quick. i will keep you updated.
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2015 :  23:04:20  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to ream and install some new pins in the backhoe this spring. Not really looking forward to it.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic