Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 37 / Visits Today: 37
Highest Active Users: 37
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Road Trip
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2014 :  18:03:25  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Took a little road trip today to pick up my latest toy. Montgomery Wards Plow Trac from about 1954 with a 30in. reel mower. Same as Sim. FC. Has newer engine so I will be looking for a Briggs 2 1/2hp from that era.

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Edited by - B10Dave on 04/15/2014 21:01:37

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2014 :  18:06:15  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Show us how it cuts.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

DaveVanNess

12 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2014 :  11:24:23  Show Profile  Visit DaveVanNess's Homepage Send DaveVanNess a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice find! You will really enjoy playing with this model and reel mower. They do cut well and with the range of gears you can get the speed just perfect. Heck, hook up one of your carts or the roller and ride along.
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2014 :  15:25:04  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice find Dave.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2014 :  20:44:39  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a nice clean original, even good tires! Finding a proper engine shouldn't be too hard.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2014 :  21:01:57  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like a great find!

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page

A-C 1036_B-10

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2014 :  21:50:22  Show Profile Send A-C 1036_B-10 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sure would be fun to mow the yard with! Should leave a clean cut too.

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2014 :  07:56:59  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man would that thing do a number on a snake!

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2014 :  19:30:50  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

And slow dogs and cats.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

lilypad

USA
638 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2014 :  21:30:49  Show Profile  Visit lilypad's Homepage Send lilypad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

Snakes! When I was a youngster we lived in Crane Oregon for a couple years and we had a 100 acres of alfalfa. Lots of rattle snakes in that country and when you pickup a bale of hay you would kick it over first to make sure there wasn't a rattle snake sticking out. They would crawl under the windrow of hay to hide and get picked up and baled. I heard story's of live ones in a bale but I only saw dead ones. I would absolutely put a sulky behind that thing rather than try to chase it.

RLM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic