Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2559 / Visits Today: 2396
Highest Active Users: 2559
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Plow tractor...Which one?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  20:56:28  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got a good deal on a set of 23x8.5x12 ag tires on my way home from Florida.Mounted and fluid filled!

I am trying to put together a plow rig for Daniels plow day in the fall.At first I was just going to put them on my B110, a known good running tractor.

But today as I was moving some things in the shop I had to push this early B10 out of the way. I have had it for several years and not got around to starting it or checking it over. It has a later engine, straight tin with only one side panel missing and seems to be in reasonable condition.

I took off the carb and disassembled it. Very clean inside and emulsion tube came out no problem. Reassembled and reinsatalled it. Checked for spark (nice and strong). Checked and topped up oil. Added a battery and gas and it fired on about third revolution."YAY" Too bad there was not a steady stream of cooling air blowing over the fins.. So, off came the shrouds. Didn't smell at all like a mouse condo but there was something in the head and cylinder fins. Took this off the head.

There was nothing down near the coil but the cylinder fins looked like this.

Pushed the whole thing outside and spent 15 min. with the air blowgun to thoroughly clean out fins, flywheel and engine compartment. Back inside the shop I put it all back together and went to tighten SG belt.

Oh well; had the broken bolt out in a few minutes thanks to MR Vicegrip and Mr Torch!!! Finished tightening belt and fired it up. Runs good with no smoke or noises. Went for a quick run out the driveway. All gears good, tight bevel gearbox and no strange noises. It has a weird muffler on it but it is the quietest Briggs I have ever owned. Will probably keep it but shorten the pipe nipple to move muffler closer to engine.

It is not charging and there is play in the steering gears but I think I may do the tweeking and put a plow on this one. Look out Daniel, I could be heading south this fall.....Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Edited by - B10Dave on 03/31/2013 20:57:13

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  21:07:57  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where's the hydro lift and hydrostatic? . Love the tires
That looks a like a gorgeous 712 in the background, why not that?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 03/31/2013 21:23:19
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  21:09:39  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hope it works out that you can come! I think there will be lots more tractors this year!

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  21:16:46  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

Hope it works out that you can come! I think there will be lots more tractors this year!

When.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  22:01:29  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No final date set as of yet, but I plan to have it mid to late September.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  23:52:37  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Phil, hydrolift is on my 2012 (have not ruled it out yet either).712H has BGB problems that I'm not ready to repair yet.It is a nice tractor though so I will get to it eventually.
Daniel; I went to the orthopedic surgeon Wednesday. He is going to replace my right knee sometime in Aug. or Sept. I will get a letter with actual surgery date within next 2 to 3 weeks. Hope to have enough recovery/rehab time in to come to Kentucky for your plow day....Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic