Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 4221 / Visits Today: 2890
Highest Active Users: 4221
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Getting It In
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2013 :  18:49:45  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Started on my garden expansion this weekend. Plowed first, then did some tilling. Was about done when i lost the right hand set of tines, shear pin broke, but end of tine tube was messed up so i gave it to a buddy of mine to fix up. Always something, tried my best to keep checking everything, oh well, the darn rocks around here are a pain to say the least! Hope you enjoy the pics!

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2013 :  19:04:56  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice work Wes! Got some great space there for a nice garden. Looks like a sizable expansion over last year. The machine is looking great too...things break, especially when thyey are nearing 50 years old. Still very effective equipment. Can't wait to see the results of the growing season!

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2013 :  20:37:32  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like fun to me, other than the rocks! The snow melted enough here this weekend to see ground on my garden, I'm looking forward to the first till of the season.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

cschmidt62

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2013 :  21:15:02  Show Profile  Visit cschmidt62's Homepage Send cschmidt62 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like fun....Still way too early here!

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2013 :  21:28:42  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am envious that you are able to work the soil as mine is still wy too wet. But gee, I thought my soil was tough down here...at least I don't have any blasted rocks.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  18:45:30  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice job Wes. Almost looks big enough to be a truck farm. When are you going to build the roadside stand?....Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

Count Macula

USA
248 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  20:24:43  Show Profile Send Count Macula a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wes, is your plow a 10"? I recently acquired a 10" plow but its missing the landslide and slip heel. If its not too much to ask could you tell me the dimensions of them?

Garden looks great by the way, I too can't wait until I can start playing in mine!
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  20:35:23  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like your doing some side hill farming. Nice big garden and it looks like you got it broke up nicely too.
Thanks for the photos.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  23:04:13  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Everybody!
Dave - No time for a roadside stand, nor enough product, lol.

Count - I will try to get those dimensions for you by this weeks end.

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic