Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 468 / Visits Today: 468
Highest Active Users: 468
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 FDT Sellout?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  18:58:29  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I put $$ down on a keeper today. I have been watching for an RBT that suits me for quite some time. I watch CL and various listings daily, and just haven't been impressed with what less than a grand will get a guy. I love my 'draggers, but wanted something with ample power and comfort to take on the bulk of my mowing, leaves and moving snow. The other members of the fleet will keep on with garden and other lawn duties.

I found one a few weeks ago for that big fat $1000 figure that was a real gem. One-owner, less than 10 hours/year by his estimate, and in meticulously maintained shape. Just too mcuh cash though for me to sleep at night. Today I noticed he dropped his price a bit, so I got in touch, just for grins. I went to take a good long look, and drive it, and was sold (though I tried to hide it). Threw an even lower number at him, and he took it

I'll head over there with the rest of the cash and a trailer on Friday. It's only a few minutes from work. She sure was a smooth operator and had each of my requirements for such an investment:

-Allis
-16hp+
-Hydro
-Hydro lift
-Rear lift kit
-CLEAN
-42" deck (for my leaf vac and squeezing in more stripes!)

Allis 917, KT17 Series II

Too bad the leaves are all gone!

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  19:57:51  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You will love it Josh. There's a boatload of hood in front of you when your on that nice seat. My 914 hydro definitely is a much bigger feeling tractor than my B10. Congrats, that's one fine looking 900 series!

Edited by - acdad on 11/21/2012 20:06:32
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  21:13:13  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr. Green I am green with envy. Gorgeous tractor. Good to see that it has the third generation steering wheel with the cross "bolt".

What do you suppose the line through the bottom of the seat is for?

Welcome to the dark side.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 11/21/2012 21:14:50
Go to Top of Page

midnightpumpkin

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  21:21:04  Show Profile Send midnightpumpkin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Josh,

I think you will like that tractor a lot.

I bought a 17GTH-L, same as an Allis 917 to restore and keep as my main tractor. It was rough, as I worked through the restoration, I was tempted to abandon it and buy a clean one like you got. I am happy with mine, but a nice clean one owner tractor is hard to beat.

John U
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  23:03:14  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty pumped...I loved the feel and view! I've heard those twins are smooth, and it was true. Has a foreign sound and feel to me, but I really liked it =]

Go to Top of Page

snohiker

USA
521 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  23:20:39  Show Profile  Visit snohiker's Homepage Send snohiker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nice tractor josh but how you going to put a tool box on that one lol

Rob
]

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  23:27:16  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Boy you found yourself a beauty. I doubt there is another one that nice out there. Wondering if the rope through the seat might have been used to hold the seat in the raised position.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2012 :  00:33:28  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh wow that thing looks near new! You have done well for sure, just remember the price that fetched when new.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2012 :  07:28:15  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

Wondering if the rope through the seat might have been used to hold the seat in the raised position.

You know, I'm not sure. The fella said he only ever used it at his cabin, and only for mowing and running a water pump. I didn't get to see his pump, but he said they would occasionally need to run it off the rear of the machine for a couple hours after heavy rains. He thinks most of the tractor's hours were due to this, as his 'lawn' at the cabin probably doesn't add up to a quarter acre.

The deck is in great shape, as far as rust/wear goes, but someone did snag it on something and there is a small crack between the chute mounting holes, and the blades are all but junk. He said he never used the chute because of the tight quarters at his place.

This year he cleared some of the land, to rebuild a larger place as the family grows, and now has a SCUT for the work, and soon, the mowing.

When he bought it, he had the dozer, blower and tiller, but said he never even used them, and sold them off a few years back. I forgot to look to see if the idler that routes the tiller belt past the tranny filter was there. I think they are still available new, but we all know that Simplicity pulleys are made from a composite of gold and platinum, as reflected in their price

Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2012 :  23:36:59  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a nice find and really clean.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  08:53:53  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That thing has been exceptionally well cared for!

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2012 :  22:51:09  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She'll begin her new life with a strong start, tomorrow. I have the AC moldboard hitched up, AG's on, and she's got a full tank. I have all of about 20 square feet to turn, but hey, it's something! =] Might try the tiller too.

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2012 :  12:24:23  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Headed over to the folk's place...got the 917 setup best I can. Really wish I had 8.5 AG's, but these 10.5's were cheap, and new on new rims.

The 3212H will see it's first till job and should do it well.

Go to Top of Page

Mike Dahms

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2012 :  12:53:58  Show Profile  Visit Mike Dahms's Homepage Send Mike Dahms a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Beautiful setup. I'm still looking for one of those plows. Ran in to a dealer that said he had 2 new brinleys in the box but hasn't called me back. Said there in the back of his warehouse and he hasn't been back there in 20 years. I'll keep bugging him.

Mike Dahms
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2012 :  16:25:52  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2012 :  16:48:16  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow that earth is dark as tar. How did the plow do? Looks like your set deep.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic