Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 6045 / Visits Today: 4714
Highest Active Users: 6045
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Another local Clist buy. GILL SPIKER
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

split51

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2012 :  18:55:30  Show Profile Send split51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I picked this Gill SPIKER up from Clist tonight less than a mile from my house. They were asking 450.00!!!!! WAY TOO MUCH!!!! After a little negotiating, I got them WAY down to a price I thought was reasonable but still a little much until I got to figuring what a new one would cost. And this one was available through AC dealers.

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2012 :  19:56:55  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very cool! You're hitting the jackpot lately =] I can't say I've ever seen a Gill. Looks like a heavily built piece of equipment, as we've come to expect. The ends look interesting...how is that bearing/mount set up?

Edited by - Talntedmrgreen on 05/15/2012 20:00:02
Go to Top of Page

split51

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2012 :  21:15:38  Show Profile Send split51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Talnted. It has a heavy greasable bearing cup on each end. I will try to take a picture of the bearing cap in a day or so.
I don't know why so much of this stuff is coming out of the woodwork here lately but I do know it is putting a dent in my wallet. LOL. I really need to quit buying this stuff but these pieces are so unique and very addictive. And when will the chance to find them again come around?
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  04:24:38  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hear ya....I wouldn't have been able to pass it up either!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic