Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 19890 / Visits Today: 18142
Highest Active Users: 19890
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Mega Pick ***PICTURES ADDED*** get ready!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

adamf203

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  21:07:28  Show Profile  Visit adamf203's Homepage  Send adamf203 an AOL message Send adamf203 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I have been talking to a guy whose father was an AC/Simplicity dealer for decades. The father died last year, and the family has no use of any of the father's things any more. He was in his 90's, but has worked right to the end. Today I went to the guys shop, and had a mega pick...

Here's what I brought home...
- 1 AC 38" rototiller brand new in box and a box of spare tines
- 1 AC vacuum unit brand new in box, with a spare deck shute and box of hoses.
- 2 AC hydrolift kits brand new in box
- 2 AC sets (4 pieces) dual wheel kids
- 2 AC sets (4 rims) rims with Goodyear 6-12 tires with perfect rubber
- 1 AC trailer and canvas cover for trailer for leaf unit
- 1 AC box of chrome hub caps (12" and 8")
- 1 Hi-Lo unit
- boxes and boxes of misc parts
- boxes of Briggs parts new in box
- Manuals

There is a bunch more that I could list, but I will take pictures in the AM when its light out. Spent 8 hours there today.

There are still 3 rototillers in their original box, and a brand new snowblower. If someone is interested, let me know.

He also has a loader unit with the manuals. It was only put on the tractor once. The bucket and the rear weight box are still in the box and have not been open. I think I am going to go back next weekend to pick it up.

This was my mega pick...I'll let you all guess the price :)

Edited by - adamf203 on 02/05/2012 13:01:11

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  21:14:06  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wow! OK! nothing coun ts without photos. I could use a hydro lift kit. I am getting old and the left arm isn't what it used to be.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

adamf203

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  21:23:20  Show Profile  Visit adamf203's Homepage  Send adamf203 an AOL message Send adamf203 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The hydro kits are prestine. One had never been opened before today. It has everything in the box, including the side panel lol.
Go to Top of Page

adamf203

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  21:34:18  Show Profile  Visit adamf203's Homepage  Send adamf203 an AOL message Send adamf203 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I forgot to include the 2 SICKLE BAR MOWERS...lol.
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  21:57:53  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow man....that is really somethin! Are they actually 38" tillers? The HD tillers? Either way, the find of the year for sure. What a dream come true! I'd love to just find a set of hubcaps!! Can't wait for more, you lucky dog....

Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  07:30:28  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice haul!!! Can't wait to see the pics of the score.

Jon
Go to Top of Page

adamf203

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  13:00:40  Show Profile  Visit adamf203's Homepage  Send adamf203 an AOL message Send adamf203 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1014211

Nice haul!!! Can't wait to see the pics of the score.

Here we go...

Here are the tire that I got. There are 4 in total, all of which have the AC shipping tags on them. They are Goodyears and the rubber looks perfect from the day they arrived - no rot, no wear.

I got a set of chrome hub caps. They are shipped with front and rear sets, never had the cray paper taken off.

There are 2 sets of original dual wheels, with the original bolts. They had these just thrown about on the ground and buried under junk.

All of the bearings. There are Timkens that were still in the original packaging roll, and a box of Allis Chalmers bearings.

The first picture is looking down into the rototiller box, the second is the outside of the box - you can see the labels on the left and Simplicity on the front. The 3rd box is the top pulley guard for the rototiller - there are probably 4 or 5 in the box, but check out the original box labels. The 4th picture is a box of replacement tines and guards - not sure what they fit.

There are the two sickle bar mowers, the top one is awesome and still has all of the decals. It also has the swath bar in the far left of the photo. The second is a simplicity sickle. I also got 4 extra teeth.

The first photo is the complete vacuum unit which has never been out of the box. It has the vacuum to attach to the rear of the tracor, and the deck shute. I also got a second spare shute that I didnt get a picture of. The second photo is a box of the rubber tubes from the deck to the vacuum and from the vacuum to the cart.

The 3rd photo is the AC canvvas for the cart unit in the original bag, and the last is obviously the AC cart.

Alot of misc parts - front drive spindles, deck spindles, snow blower skid shoes (maybe 12), old cans of paint for display, the hi-lo, pulleys, rear lift, snow blower pulley covers, heat shields, and too much other to list.

Edited by - adamf203 on 02/05/2012 13:13:47
Go to Top of Page

adamf203

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  13:19:37  Show Profile  Visit adamf203's Homepage  Send adamf203 an AOL message Send adamf203 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are the manuals from the backseat of my car... :)

The binder had the "Fast moving parts" dealer guide with products the dealer could order for point-of purchase advertising and sales.

This is one of the pages form the book...

I also got 4 original T-Bolts still in the package...

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  13:59:29  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am green with envy!

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  14:03:21  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a HAUL!!!!!!!

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

adamf203

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  14:14:31  Show Profile  Visit adamf203's Homepage  Send adamf203 an AOL message Send adamf203 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The loader that is up there is a ARK 515 made specifically for AC. The bucket and the rear weight box are still in the box and have not been taken out. If someone here is interested, please send me a PM.
Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  15:26:39  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great haul and you finally got your set of NOS hubcaps that you have been looking for! I love the old manuals as they are the exact same binders I have from the Uncles dealership. Enjoy!

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  15:32:22  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very, very cool! What a great stash of NOS stuff! I think your box of tines and gaurds may actually be a tiller extension kit. I stumbled on a NOS set, and it looks identical. Those sicklebars look fantastic, and how I'd love a 515/L12 loader! Very cool...you must be having the time of your life...I know I would! =]

Thanks for sharing!

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  22:54:24  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am speachless
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  23:51:04  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow!!! Amazing!! I'd feel lucky just to see something like that let alone take it home!

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  07:47:19  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You did good!

Michael
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic