Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 735 / Visits Today: 735
Highest Active Users: 735
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Toys for the Homelite
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  15:15:29  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This T-16H is turning out sweet.

So far a stack, lugged rears, sleave hitch and a rear Scoop-Tote bucket. Since the Simplicity Sleeve hitch fits, so will the roto-tillers I have. Has Simplicity FDT tiller PTO.

In addition to the 34" FDT Roto-Tiller and Homelite front belt guidee/tensioner not shown, I also have a NOS 10" Brinley "Blue" moldboard plow and a old Simplicity disc harrow (off a walker) for the sleeve hitch. Now for some paint.

Getting there.

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  15:26:15  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very Nice!

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  15:30:52  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gonna have to say it again Larry...Very nice machine! I really like that thing! With a bit of paint, you'll have us all envious for sure.

I've never used an electric lift. How does it handle a heavy load, say, for the Scoop Tote? I'd be interested to know it's limits or lack thereof. (Love that dang Scoop Tote too...and Blue modlboard...killin me)

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  15:51:55  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm drooling a little myself over this one. Cant wait! The moldboard is actually a NOS 12" that I got from Dave G. along with a NOS Simplicity sleeve hitch. This is going to be my "Garden Tractor" been saving them Carlisle Power Tracs for the right tractor for a while. Looks like I'm going to be painting the yellow roto-tiller from my B210 blue.

The electric lift on this is the same as a Simplicitry 3300-3400-7000 electric lift and is sluggish, it may come in to it, it may not. Might rebuilld it but I have a like new lift hidden away as a spare for my 74 Sovereign, but it shows no sign of slowing down. As-Is I'd say the T16's lift would be hard pressed to lift 100 pounds, but up to snuff I'd guess 250 plus. I have easily had a 100 pounds of ice and slush packed on my Sovereigns 42" blower, and after I replaced the 20 amp breaker the tractor came with, with a 30 amp fuse, I have had no problems with the 3416H's electric lift at all.

The hydrolift Simplicity designed for the 9hp Landlord in 64 is the best lift they ever made. Fastest, Strongest, and the only one with a float function. Progress! My late model Sovereign hydros have a larger cylinder and may lift more, but they are slow too, and no float.

Go to Top of Page

sammiefish

USA
649 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  16:27:12  Show Profile  Visit sammiefish's Homepage Send sammiefish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
now that is cool!!

Chris 3/4's : )
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  16:57:22  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wasnt aware they went away from the float function. Guess Im spoiled with 'outdated' equipment. =] That old stuff can be hard to beat.

Sounds like the electric lift is suitable for most applications. Sorry for the 21 questions, but would it give much downpressure on a dozer? You've got my interest, and I wouldnt mind biting on one if it ever came about.

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  17:45:30  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, plenty of down pressure. Probably about the same power as a hydrolift, just a little slower, and a little different. Its nice to be able to move the lift without the engine running. The later lifts us a spring loaded lift rod to compensate for no float function.

I dont know if I'd really say any of the power lifts are best, they all have thier pluses and minuses, the electric lift is basically zero maintenance, and it seems the biggest problem they have is bearings getting stiff and commutators corroding from non-use, resulting in poor performance.

If I were to use a democratic process it would be:

5 Hydrolift
4 Electric lift
2 Hydraulic lift

And..... The hydrolift wins with (by?) a plurality. :)

But I have used electrric lift most and am quite happy with it.

Go to Top of Page

simplicityacnut

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  21:41:46  Show Profile  Visit simplicityacnut's Homepage Send simplicityacnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thats tractors a monster,nice!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic