Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 192 / Visits Today: 192
Highest Active Users: 192
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 simplicity shop time
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

simplicityacnut

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2012 :  15:38:37  Show Profile  Visit simplicityacnut's Homepage Send simplicityacnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well got most of my carb on today,just lackin air filter and throttle linkage now.Had a question for u guys too,my pto lever on the left side of the tractor isnt hooked to anything,i have the shaft for it but dont know if im missing any more parts or not,i think iam,any help is appreciated,in one of the photos right to the left of the oil cooler is a hole,i know thats where the shaft goes but im lost from there

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2012 :  16:20:44  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are missing the entire cone clutch. Do you have a manual yet?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

simplicityacnut

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2012 :  16:37:14  Show Profile  Visit simplicityacnut's Homepage Send simplicityacnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah i got one but its the pics arent very clear cuz i printed it off,im assumin i need the cone clutch for mowing and tilling right?
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2012 :  17:28:16  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See page 38. http://www.simplicitymfg.com/document/index.cfm?doc=TP_400_1353_00_SV_S_LO.pdf

Yes you need for mowing

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

simplicityacnut

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2012 :  18:00:23  Show Profile  Visit simplicityacnut's Homepage Send simplicityacnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
how hard are these to come by?
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2012 :  20:17:47  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Someone correct me but since you appear to be missing the whole thing you can replace it off any RBT except the 3300 series. I am of the opinion that the PTO's on the 7000 and 700 series are much improved as they have bearings on the drive pulleys rather than bushings. Look on eBay...it may take a while to find but they are oft available in pieces. You might also try Brenda at Sandy Lake Implements. They have a stock of used parts as well as new. Brenda is a sweetheart and is knowledgeable of these tractors in her own right.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 01/08/2012 20:18:14
Go to Top of Page

simplicityacnut

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2012 :  20:52:11  Show Profile  Visit simplicityacnut's Homepage Send simplicityacnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok ill try that,thanks a lot phil
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2012 :  21:12:54  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Get your carb straightened out and watch this thread. Sooner or later someone will come along and confirm what I am saying or repute it.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

simplicityacnut

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2012 :  22:26:36  Show Profile  Visit simplicityacnut's Homepage Send simplicityacnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got ahold of a guy on craigslist bout 10 miles away from me that said he had a whole wagonload of parts,he sent me a pic and it looked like it was all from the big box store mowers so no luck there
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  08:01:56  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You need the cone clutch for powered center and rear attachments. The cross shaft on the 3400 series BGB has a smaller nut than the later ones but the cone clutch stayed the same on ALL Rbt's from the 3400 series untill Simplicity closed the Sovereign line in 2000.

So any cone clutch will work, just on a 3400 series you have a step/shoulder in the BGB's shaft and a 1/2" nut with a flange, where as the later BGB shafts have a 3/4" nut and no step on the shaft.

If you need parts I have enough to put together several 3400 tractors....

Go to Top of Page

simplicityacnut

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  18:40:47  Show Profile  Visit simplicityacnut's Homepage Send simplicityacnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sounds good larry,ill probably get ahold of u when springtime gets here because im gonna want to mow with this tractor for sure
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic