Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 3068 / Visits Today: 819
Highest Active Users: 3068
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Wondering What You Guys Think Of This? 515
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sim-Chalmers

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2012 :  16:48:01  Show Profile  Visit Sim-Chalmers's Homepage Send Sim-Chalmers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well this guy just lives about a hour away,he has had this for sale for about 3 mounths now and I just was wanting some input on what you guys think about it,I have heard over and over from people it ran when it was parked,so basically until I hear it run the motor is junk,and the motor might be good but I would not give a running price,I am sure it will need tires also,I know what I give for my 515 and it was less than half of that,but just curious what you guys thought of this price,hear is the link http://knoxville.craigslist.org/grd/2752782084.html

oldsarge

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2012 :  17:18:41  Show Profile  Visit oldsarge's Homepage Send oldsarge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With Hi-Lo ,...Maybe.
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2012 :  17:24:34  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Non-running, probably not. I think the HiLo is simply what he calls the standards transmission. I believe they only had 2 forward and 2 reverse speeds, but the shifter says 'HI' and 'LO'. His way of putting together an ad makes him sound like a real charming fellow. =/

Edited by - Talntedmrgreen on 01/07/2012 18:00:19
Go to Top of Page

Sim-Chalmers

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2012 :  17:35:08  Show Profile  Visit Sim-Chalmers's Homepage Send Sim-Chalmers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the hi and lo is the standard trans also,my 515 says hi and lo no 1st or 2nd,but it is just one reverse gear but there was an optional hi and low range pulley drive for these,they are pretty scarce and yes he does sound like a charming man mr green
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2012 :  17:57:48  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't go $125 if it was running unless it was next door and I knew its history

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2012 :  18:16:00  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
$125 seem a bit proud for small, small frame running or not. Of course I'm not much of a fan anyway. If you are going to ask that much for something why not try to show the buyers you think it is worth something and haul it out of the woodlot and clean some to the crap off it.

Why not just put in the ad "I was mowing the front yard and found two cars and this priceless rusty lawn tractor $125 firm". If you don't buy it for $125 I'll let the grass grow up around it for another 10 years and sell it for $250

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 01/07/2012 19:12:05
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2012 :  18:58:10  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"I was mowing the front yard and found two cars and this priceless rusty lawn tractor $125 firm". If you don't buy it for $125 I'll let the grass grow up around it for another 10 years and sell it for $250....

Couldn't have said it better!!!

Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2012 :  21:53:41  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like these small tractors and have a 535, 616, 728 & an early Broadmoor. They suprise me constantly how much work they can do. If you have a small yard and still have tractor fever I say go for it and have fun with it. Now, I will agree $125 seems steep for that in the condition it is in. I paid $300 for my 616, and it can mow, pull or plow snow and always starts. It's in great shape though. Sorry, rambling. I do love the little tractors, and so my kids that are on the receiving end... :)

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Jon
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2012 :  23:23:04  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really think the little tractors are neat....the smaller, the neater. BUT, it seems like they aare either $50 and sold, or $300+ and listed for months around here. My preference would be toward a Serf, simply due to the size and novelty of it.

Go to Top of Page

Sim-Chalmers

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2012 :  08:30:58  Show Profile  Visit Sim-Chalmers's Homepage Send Sim-Chalmers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys for your input,I just hate to see the little thing go to waste,I wasn't going to give 125 for it,but it does have some things on it mine doesn't the handle to raise and lower the deck,was an option,for what ever reason they had in there heads at the time most of the 515 I see dont have it,even the original ads on simple tractors show just like mine a simple hook on the frame to hold the deck up,I am sure one off of a 535 or maybe a 616 would work but finding one is a problem around here,I am not really into the little tractors myself my 515 is the first little one I have ever owned,but they do grow on you and they are a simple design to work on,I was just always into a shaft drive and garden tractor but I do like my 515,anway thanks again guys for your input on the price
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic