Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1691 / Visits Today: 360
Highest Active Users: 1691
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Wonderboy 575, home at last!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  19:40:39  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been watching quietly for one of these bad boys for quite some time. I've seen them far from home, pricey, or trashed. This one popped up near deercamp, and the price was right.

It's in fantastic shape and has all 4 original hubcaps! (Jon, I'm always looking for more 4"!) I don't thing I'm going to add this to the resto list quite yet, but will work on those hubcaps ASAP.

The deck needs idler attention, but cuts and has no arbor issues. The machine starts easy and runs GREAT! It's a ball to drive...it turns on a dime, and the clutch, gear shift and HiLo all function flawlessly.

I knew/know little to nothing about these things, but I'm learning fast! Everyone needs to try one of these. I'm real impressed with the power of this Briggs. It's the original 5.75hp, and puffs a bit of smoke which I'll look into. There certainly is no lack of compression, and I took it up and down my 'Test Hill' only to hear it rev and pull with no bogging whatsoever.

I'm thinking this will be a neat show-ride next summer!

There's big brother in the background, watching with envy. I have a feeling the 'Boys' will get to play later this week

Edited by - Talntedmrgreen on 10/09/2011 19:44:03

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  20:23:42  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice Josh! Yep, those are the same front hub caps the Serf would use. Nice find.

Jon
Go to Top of Page

gomez15605

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  20:28:31  Show Profile  Visit gomez15605's Homepage Send gomez15605 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats in pretty good shape.Those are cool but would be a toy at my place.It takes me around 3 hrs to mow what I mow now and that is only a part of my yard.Bill
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  20:52:31  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think if I actually use it, it will be perfect for the dog run we have down at my Ma's place on the lake. The gate there is narrow, but that 32" will fit, and the turning radius makes it a winner for something curently reserved for a push mower.

Other than that, it's a novelty...BUT...it's easy to store! Fits about anywhere...

Go to Top of Page

ASEguy

319 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  06:32:04  Show Profile  Visit ASEguy's Homepage Send ASEguy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Until I saw a picture of one of these recently, I had no idea they were out there. Very unusual.

Gerard
1967 Allis B-110
1948 Allis model C
1949 Ford 8N (gift)
Gravely model L walk behind (gift)
Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  09:06:04  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice find! I think those are really cool, hope to get the chance to operate/play with one someday!!

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  12:59:26  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a different duck, that's for sure! I'm hoping to get some time this week to play a bit more. This might be my designated fertilizer-spreader-puller this fall. =]

It would be perfect if I had a sweeper to tow too...put this old girl to work!

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  22:29:44  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm keeping my eyes peeled for one too, rather rare machines apperently. I did however pick up part of one Saturday. Nice buy, looks like a keeper for sure.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  08:17:12  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, let's see some pics of your 'parts' =] If you have attachments, you better start talkin! I would LOVE to find a 24" rotary, or 30" reel mower. Of course, I'd love to find a dozer or electric start kit too. I just never see those pieces....EVER.

Go to Top of Page

cschmidt62

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  12:29:17  Show Profile  Visit cschmidt62's Homepage Send cschmidt62 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My Grandpa had one of those when I was a kid, the took some getting used to. I remember the steering was refered to as a suicide stick and rightfully so...lol. I would like to have one also.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  12:44:23  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping to avoid going through the garage, or smacking one of the trucks in teh driveway. I already took out my garbage can, and luckily, it was empty and the neighbor had his back turned. =]

I also got a bit too close to the freshly tilled garden and beacher her in the loose soil. It is easy to pull out of a 'stuck' position though! =]

Go to Top of Page

cschmidt62

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  13:07:29  Show Profile  Visit cschmidt62's Homepage Send cschmidt62 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you should get the wife to shoot some video of you running it...we all could use the chuckle.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  13:56:53  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You got it! Not sure when, but Ill get her out there with the camera soon

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  13:58:38  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You got it! Not sure when, but Ill get her out there with the camera soon

Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  22:08:04  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sure is a cool machine Josh!

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  23:48:37  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think we already missed the good video opportunity! I am sure getting used to running that thing would be a challenge, unless you fly helicoptors or something.

As for my parts, no attachment. I do have a NOS single blade deck for one up on a shelf, but it's for a later model one. Saturday I went to a big flea market, this was the only vintage Simplicity stuff I found.

Cruddy pic I apologize. I saw these and had to have them, only purchase there other than food.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic