Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1289 / Visits Today: 1289
Highest Active Users: 1289
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Projects (mechanical/electrical)
 On my wife's orders, just in case.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

K1dan

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  15:36:41  Show Profile  Visit K1dan's Homepage Send K1dan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I stopped to see my wife after I got off duty this morning. She said "We should get a generator." "That hurricane might hit us this weekend."
Since I always get the last word, I said "Yes, Dear." This is the result. I hope she likes it.

Together we can do anything.. The impossible just takes longer!

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  15:59:12  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That should do fine. Now, you got the last word, and I bet you got to pay for it too! :)

Go to Top of Page

K1dan

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  16:51:26  Show Profile  Visit K1dan's Homepage Send K1dan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well....yea

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  17:10:27  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a nice genny you got there! But even nicer if you end up not needing it! That will run anything you need it to in a household. I use a 6,000 watt & it does fine also. I just can't heat water & run the central air at the same time, but no biggie.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

K1dan

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  18:32:25  Show Profile  Visit K1dan's Homepage Send K1dan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At the last home we had I could count the number of time we lost power for the 14 years we lived there on one hand. The first two years in this one I ran out of hands, but we also doubled the size of out land, cut out tax rate by two thirds, and multiplied our commute by 10. All in all well worth cost.

Edited by - K1dan on 08/26/2011 05:17:53
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  22:14:59  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like how it is designed...all the controls on one end and the cart is nice. Mine is a back breaker and is only 5500 watts. I have only needed it once for Gustav and used it on a remote jobsite where no electricity was available. Other than that I crank it every month and let it operate for about 15 minutes under load. The worst thing you can do to a generator is let it sit up.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 09/07/2011 22:19:09
Go to Top of Page

K1dan

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  07:47:19  Show Profile  Visit K1dan's Homepage Send K1dan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of the things I like about it is that I can detach the control panel and use it up to 75 feet away.

The draw back is that it has a manual choke so you have to be at the generator to use it

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  08:25:30  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see the orange spray paint...is that a Home Depot returned goods? I purchased a lawnmower that Way and have been very pleased with the half priced work horse. How do you like the throttle response on that Subaru under load?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

K1dan

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  15:57:13  Show Profile  Visit K1dan's Homepage Send K1dan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes it is a "re-manufactured" generator. List price was $1299.00, marked down to $1000. It shows 16 hours on the clock. I wonder if someone bought it and used it during an outage, then took it back when the power came on again with some sort of "malfunction". Ethics are not what they used to be.
To be honest I haven't had it hooked up and running yet. I will probably try it tomorrow,(Friday).

Go to Top of Page

joe fess

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  21:38:01  Show Profile Send joe fess a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My wife said to me one day she thought we should get a generator.By the end of the week I had one on order and had contracted to have a switch box wired in.Two weeks after it was complete we lost power for 4 1/2 days.We had 4 adults and a baby depending on it.I guess you could call this trial by fire!After such a early damaging storm it seems odd for the ground to be bare in Feb.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic