Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1837 / Visits Today: 1837
Highest Active Users: 1837
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Allis Chalmers and Simplicity Garden Tractors
 Buying/Pricing Guidelines
 Time of year?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simple700

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  14:05:52  Show Profile Send Simple700 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I keep searching for a new to me tractor, I see that there are not many for sale this time of year. When does everyone think the best time to buy a tractor is?

I think Spring and fall. Spring people are looking to sell a tractor for garden and lawn work. In the fall for upcoming winter. It seems that once winter gets here, no one wants to sell a tractor or are too busy this time of year.

Is there a better time of year to buy and get a better deal on a tractor??

- Jeff

"There is no hope, but I might be wrong!"

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  20:30:33  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You will get your best price selling a Tractor in the Spring. You will get your best deal outside of that time, but best is Fall. No one buys in the Winter, generally. Summer time, interest goes down from the Spring, but is still active. Of course, that's my opinion and/or experience.

My experience is based on selling right on my street and the papers were the most successful for me (buying and selling!) Shinny sells FAST. We have small lots, so small riders sell for $250 fast. Tractors sell, but only to people driving down my street to more suburban areas; I get a lot of traffic.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  23:40:00  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think people are looking for something new in the spring and figure everyone else would be looking too. I think the best time to buy a boat is in the fall but spring is the best time to sell.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 11/27/2007 23:41:02
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  23:48:15  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BOAT= Bring on another thousand. That's a whole lot of tractors!

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Simple700

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  17:32:54  Show Profile Send Simple700 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is what I was thinking....supply and demand.. There is more demand in the spring...but less in the winter. I think fall sometimes can be good because people are looking for snow removal(for us snowbirds) but probably less so

- Jeff

"There is no hope, but I might be wrong!"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic