Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1330 / Visits Today: 18
Highest Active Users: 1330
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Impresses me every time.......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2011 :  11:21:44  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It just amazes me every time I use my 41 year old tractor (1 year older than me until Nov....) it starts every time, doesn't ask for much and takes care of Lake Ontario and Mother Natures wrath like it is 1970 again. I get great pleasure out of my seat time (also known as Dad's quiet time as I have 3 younsters) and that baby still throws snow 50 feet.

it just makes a man feel like a man.........lol

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Edited by - acdad on 01/16/2011 11:22:18

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2011 :  11:44:09  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Exactly how I feel with my 2110 when plowing snow. It can push tons of wet snow and the most I hear is it might drop a couple hundred RPM's but it still plows through anything. Nice machine you have there, and I know what you mean, with 5 youngsters my deafening tractor at full song seams quieter than inside the house sometimes! :)

Jon
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2011 :  12:13:48  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nice, and you have the belt gard cover. i have two of them on the shelf. whats the white box on your garage door.

you have the wide tires on the front. i would put the dimond stud tires on insted of the wide ones. it will stere easer and not slide the front end as much in the snow.

does your cab have doors on it? its hard to tell.
Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2011 :  12:39:18  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by freddie

nice, and you have the belt gard cover. i have two of them on the shelf. whats the white box on your garage door.

you have the wide tires on the front. i would put the dimond stud tires on insted of the wide ones. it will stere easer and not slide the front end as much in the snow.

does your cab have doors on it? its hard to tell.

The white thing is an mail slot that original owner put on there but when cars parked in there and slop drips off the car (garage is totally insulated and heated) the mail ends up in a mess, so I sealed that slot and put new box next to it. Plus in summer the garage screens cover the door.

This had the orig narrow diamond tires on it but I swapped with a B10 I restored and I agree it does slide a little more than last year without the diamonds on it. These tires are a little worn too but I liked them because they matched the rears.

The cab is actually for a B series round hood. It hinges on the back so the whole cab lifts up and you get in and close it over you. It works great, especially with the wind we seem to have a lot of lately but would fit better on my B10.

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2011 :  19:51:54  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i like that cab. mine is kinda hard to get it and out of.
Go to Top of Page

sammiefish

USA
649 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2011 :  21:01:24  Show Profile  Visit sammiefish's Homepage Send sammiefish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
awesome pic chris... we had much the same today,
I was out 3x today... im lazy and didnt get pics...

Chris 3/4's : )
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2011 :  21:50:27  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like it. Especially the cab!

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2011 :  17:00:31  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The cab hinges on the back so you can put it on or take it off in minuites? Looks way cool too... Nice setup. And it is amazing how much life these old tractolrs have in them.

Go to Top of Page

sammiefish

USA
649 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2011 :  17:23:23  Show Profile  Visit sammiefish's Homepage Send sammiefish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That cab is awesome!! I like it...
seems very functional and allows easy access
to opening the hood when necessary...

Chris 3/4's : )
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2011 :  18:55:26  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mine opens the same way but the cool factor just isn't there like yours!

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Ryan

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2011 :  19:30:07  Show Profile Send Ryan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But I'll bet yours gets an A+ for functional! Certainly no issue with 360 degree visibility.
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2011 :  20:57:07  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ACdad's looks like a top of an old Willies Jeep while Cvan's looks like the Pope mobile.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Ryan

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2011 :  21:16:52  Show Profile Send Ryan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a stricking resemblence!!.?...

Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2011 :  21:21:41  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice photoshopping Ryan. I love it. Very creative. All Hail Pope Chris the First. Dave.

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Edited by - B10Dave on 01/19/2011 21:22:15
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2011 :  21:50:23  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2011 :  22:10:57  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ryan that is awesome. Chris looks great in that Popemobile!

I believe that there are some sort of brackets that hook onto the the foot boards but I just used some pipe insulation and let it sit in the hood. works great except for the occasional frosting on the inside that is a royal pain.

Guess I gotta learn to breath less

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Edited by - acdad on 01/19/2011 22:15:44
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic