Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1570 / Visits Today: 456
Highest Active Users: 1570
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Allis Chalmers and Simplicity Garden Tractors
 Buying/Pricing Guidelines
 Simplicity Landlord
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simple700

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  16:27:34  Show Profile Send Simple700 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I tried to buy a 10HP Simplicity Landlord on Ebay today. It had the tiller drive, a 3 belt blower and mower deck. It seemed to be in pretty good condition and sold for $430...more than I was willing to pay. It was also out in NE MA so that would have cost me $50 to pick it up. The other thing is, the seller said it had run when it was parked and "Should" run with only a charged battery and gas. If it was that easy...I know I would get it strted and running.

I am still looking.........

- Jeff

"There is no hope, but I might be wrong!"

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  22:04:19  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To value this, I'd say $200 tractor + $50 for tiller drive, $0 for 3 belt blower, $50 for the mower. Worth about $300 for the package. Your right to not forget about your gas i.e. the $50... Now, it could be worth more based on shape and if it's rough, it's worth less. I don't remember what I put in the price guidelines, but this is off my head. Now if you had the whole tiller and drive with them both being in good shape, it's worth more. For something site unseen, that's my estimate. You did right walking.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  22:09:41  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I looked at what I put together for a price guidelines... I took the low prices of each item. Now, if your patient, you'll find a steal though those are getting rarer.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  22:39:32  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i] The other thing is, the seller said it had run when it was parked and "Should" run with only a charged battery and gas. If it was that easy...I know I would get it strted and running.

I too look at a statement like that with a jaundice eye. I saw a tractor the other day on e-bay that looked like it had been parked under a chicken roost for 30 years. I thought if I were trying to get highest price for my property I would at least wash off the bird poop & the 2" layer of dust. It is called putting your best foot forward.

If you want to trade your car always do so at night in the rain if you can. The paint & tires look better and no used car manager is going to spend a lot of time looking it over with water running down the back of his neck.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 10/04/2007 22:45:08
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  23:28:14  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it's either running or it's not. If it's been sitting, then you got to go through the gas tank, plug, points, change oil. A real freshing up is worth $60 at least. Now, if it's running, you hear no noises in the engine, can test the transmission, brakes, steering, etc. then you know what condition the tractor is in. You can still spot a nice machine without it running. Just give it a good look over.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Simple700

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  09:39:02  Show Profile Send Simple700 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know, if I was going to sell mine on Ebay, I would make sure it was running, had fresh oil and I would wash/wax it.

There's also a A/C B-210 on Ebay going for more than $1200. I don't know much about that model, is there something special about it? That is a lot for a garden tractor.

- Jeff

Edited by - Simple700 on 10/05/2007 10:08:35
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  14:26:50  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I paid $1250 for a B112 w/48" deck and sicklebar... it was too much, but VERY mint condition. I wanted it. It looked like when you bought it except it was old. It was my second tractor and the ones in some of my photo's/videos running the vacuum. I busted the BGB and well it's in mothball storage.

I wouldn't recommend that price unless you wanted it and it ran perfect. Mine were both that and my second machine. Everything else I bought after that was not so mint and better prices. My HB112 was strong till that BGB went. I've fixed my 3012 BGB and my 3112H is running good. The B12 I did the heart transplant is ready for the loader. No machines are mint right now.... time. I have three runners, and some with that need help. i.e. the 725 an early B10, the early landlord with a L10.

I will say for any of my runners, I have nothing less than $800 into them. Even if I spent $400, I ended up putting more into them and when you add in gas to get parts... you figure.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Simple700

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  17:30:43  Show Profile Send Simple700 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wasn't sure what they are worth, I am more into the older, like b-1, b-10 machines, I just felt that was high.
It does add up, I guess you do end up spending that....but somehow I feel better paying a little less and fixing it up myself...even if it does cost the same, often times more. It makes you feel like the machine is yours and gives you a little pride in it. The problem with ebay is, you are buying it without seeing it in person (most times). I don't think I have a project tractor that I restored that I will ever get my money back. I few years back I did a 1940 Allis Chalmers B farm tractor, I bought four tires for more than $800...that Is why I stick to the smaller machines, plus they are easier to store and move.

- Jeff

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic