Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2376 / Visits Today: 1045
Highest Active Users: 2376
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 How to overload a Carry All Box
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  07:58:34  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, got 7 yards of fill sand to put around the kids playsets so I loaded up the box and a trailer to move it. The 616 did fine with the loaded trailer and when I went to move the 101 I could barely steer it.

The next load I didn't heap it as much and kept it just under the top of the box but still was very light in the front, even with loaded front tires (about 24lbs a piece) and the 46lb front weight!

Well, afterwards I got online to see the weight of sand, and the couple sites I founf had it between 80 and 125lbs per cubic foot. Considering this was wet (3 straight days of rain in MI) and the box carrys about 6 cubic feet, I think I had between 480 and 750lbs in it. I'm glad I just used the trailer after a couple loads! Probably would have broke something.

Good thing these are tough enough for my occasional stupidity.....

Jon

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  08:45:58  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
7 yards? moved with those things with handles attached? Jon, you are in need of a Johnny Bucket Junior or a home made equivalent, but I think the weight limitation is a control issue more than anything. Has to be a bit squirrelly with that much weight hanging out over the back wheels.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  08:51:14  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My dad next door has a John Deere 5105 with a loader, but with all the rain we've had I knew it would just kill the area around where I was dumping the sand. Probably sink right in. So I did it the manual way. The back is killing me, but I feel good about working hard all day and accomplishing something. Plus the kids had fun "helping". A Johnny Bucket may be the next attachment, as I am nowhere near done landscaping. My machine was quite unpredictable when loaded up.

Jon
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  09:23:45  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I usually get my sand or dirt a yard at a time on my own trailer and offload and spread in a matter of minutes using the bucket. It is no FEL but it works pretty well if you tip the trailer and block it on an incline. Takes 10-12 scoops to empty a 1 yard trailer.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  13:18:19  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is awesome! Now that is working smarter not harder. Now to convince the wife I need one of those....

Jon
Go to Top of Page

simplelife

USA
1385 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  13:40:53  Show Profile  Visit simplelife's Homepage Send simplelife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some people get a little creative when using the Johnnie Buckets.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  19:06:12  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Loading the trailer was never a problem... unloading was the challenge.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 05/16/2010 19:08:48
Go to Top of Page

3414HDuval

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  09:46:48  Show Profile  Visit 3414HDuval's Homepage Send 3414HDuval a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Skunkhome
will you help me find a deal on a jhonny bucket? i would love one
Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  11:28:10  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe there was one on eBay recently but I know it was for a newer tractor, a Legacy or Conquest I believe. They have a nice website, I would love to get one also, but it is a tad steep currently.

Jon
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  22:27:01  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I paid a good bit for my rig and put it off contemplating how difficult it would be to operate with the manual lift without a counter weight system. I mentioned my concerns to Johnny and he suggested a solution that he had just developed. I got the controlled power dump as well as electric lift. He was working on the prototype when I got ready to order and I sent him dimensions to insure what he was making would fit my tractor. I ended up paying much more than I planned as I was saving to buy a manual lift unit with power dump. It was expensive but it paid for itself when I used it to spread crushed limestone under the T buildings at school and was able to bill them for the use of the equipment. It did a great job and was able to deliver the stone into areas that no other piece of equipment could. I made money and the school saved not having to pay 3 or 4 laborers to move the stone and spread with wheelbarrow and shovels.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 05/17/2010 22:28:41
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic