Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 4644 / Visits Today: 2896
Highest Active Users: 4644
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Projects (mechanical/electrical)
 trinco sandblaster project
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

fuslit

102 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  18:54:44  Show Profile  Visit fuslit's Homepage Send fuslit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alan & Daniel
A good point, the manufacture has already added an intake point on the left side of the cabinet where the air is sucked in then it cross drafts across to exit out the upper right of the cabinet

The progress:

three coats of paint on the foot pedal assembly

cut the hose dust collection hose in half for the second dust collection point

took the gun apart then put it back together with the non-broken side of the blast tip facing out. (things did not want to come apart easy, but I was able to get things apart without breaking anything.)

testing out the lights, etc.
it seems to push air through and pull suction like it's supposed to but there is no media and no dust collection filters so I am not using it yet.

I think it's come along way, it should work as expected.

-T
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  21:32:12  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you have the disposable view liners to put on the glass? TSC carries them around here in a couple sizes.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

fuslit

102 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  21:47:06  Show Profile  Visit fuslit's Homepage Send fuslit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't picked any up yet, but I do plan on getting some from TSC before I use it. (I was thinking about getting the abrasive there actually)
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  10:04:36  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fuslit

I haven't picked any up yet, but I do plan on getting some from TSC before I use it. (I was thinking about getting the abrasive there actually)

Unless I'm in Louisville to stop in Harbor Freight, I get all my supplies at TSC.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

fuslit

102 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  18:22:44  Show Profile  Visit fuslit's Homepage Send fuslit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suck at taking pictures, but...

aluminum pulley

before

after

(I sprayed primer just after I took the pic.)

It works, still need a few parts, (expanded metal screen for the cabinet, and some filter accessories) but I've started blasting stuff :)

testing it out on one of the cabinet shelves we got. It works great on that paint, but where there are multiple layers of some other type it seems to bounce.

So, I'm going to try a couple different types of blast media as well, all I have at the moment is aluminum oxide.

-T
Go to Top of Page

sleepy

195 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2010 :  00:58:21  Show Profile  Visit sleepy's Homepage Send sleepy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you do small parts like screws or pins you will find it handy to also lay a layer of window type screen over the expanded metal. It saves a lot of time looking for them. Alan
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2010 :  09:54:53  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like you've done a fine job there! That is one tool I'd like to have in the shop but it's a long ways off for me.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic