Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2841 / Visits Today: 1550
Highest Active Users: 2841
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Not yellow, or orange .......... pink maybe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  20:14:53  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finally got something for myself today. For a long time I have wanted a farm tractor with a 3 point hitch, at least, and/or a front end loader, to lift that heavy stuff out of the trailer or truck. A while back I had a 9020 Pow'r Max, with 3 pt. and a lift boom, but it wouldn't lift high enough. It went to greener pastures.
This one came up for sale on Craigslist a while back and he still had it today. 1952 Ferguson, 3 point with a lift boom, front end hydro cylinder with separate pump (similar to a truck's snow plow set-up), 4 year old (kept inside) like new bush hog, according to owner power steering. But when I got it home I decided the added on PS pump ran the front cylinder only. That's okay, it isn't hard to steer. I saw a lot of things that could stand improvement, over time, but everything seems to work good so far. It could stand a seat cover. The original seat is bare metal and the cold soaks right into you. It seems to be a winner.
In time it will be improved upon. The reddish paint is faded to pink. It highlights my brown eyes.

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  20:41:45  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
be careful but enjoy the dark side.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  20:52:06  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like it, nice compact tractor... well smaller than some farm tractors I've looked at. I was going to start with a farm tractor, I just had a friend suggest I start with Simplicity tractors... then here I am!

Michael
Go to Top of Page

CJ55

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  21:25:15  Show Profile  Visit CJ55's Homepage Send CJ55 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey B.R., you know what it means when your brown eyes start to show or shine up. Glad I got to help you to get that tractor. It really looks good. Leave the seat bare. It will help you at night time

Muggsie

Bill Mugg
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  21:30:06  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe that is what they called a "General Purpose Tractor".
BR, What model is that... TO-35??. Those are tough little tractors, believe Sr. Edmund Hillary took a few Fergusons to Antarctica.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 02/03/2010 21:33:04
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  23:01:19  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"believe Sr. Edmund Hillary took a few Fergusons to Antarctica."
You know Phil, you are an amazing scource of information. That is the first time I heard of this. I wonder if they were hand start?
Chris

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

storm7016

244 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  07:21:00  Show Profile  Visit storm7016's Homepage Send storm7016 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Loading tractors when I come to see you just got easier.....Maybe you can sell me your tow truck now?

Storm Larrison
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  09:06:40  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

I believe that is what they called a "General Purpose Tractor".
BR, What model is that... TO-35??. Those are tough little tractors, believe Sr. Edmund Hillary took a few Fergusons to Antarctica.

It has an odd model/serial number T 48xxx or something. The owner mention that he found out it was a T 35 ??? I haven't done any investigating on it.
It has really good tires, they appeared to be fully inflated but when I checked them none of the tires registered on my gauge and it starts at 10 pounds. The tires were up and appeared to be stiff as a board. I put 25 in the back and 30 in the front. I wonder how long they have been like that?

B.R.
Go to Top of Page

ZippoVarga

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  12:08:20  Show Profile  Visit ZippoVarga's Homepage  Send ZippoVarga an AOL message  Send ZippoVarga a Yahoo! Message Send ZippoVarga a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But it won't fit on your work bench! lol..I'll have to come take a look soon. Will the boom handle lifting one of our tractors? I have a seat I was going to use on my new Rat-Rod project, but it looks like you could stand to benefit more from it. It's a "warm seat co" cast aluminum seat with plumbing ports to run engine coolant through to keep yer bumm warm in the colder months.

Simply the best tractors ever made.Zip~
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  15:23:31  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ZippoVarga

I'll have to come take a look soon. Will the boom handle lifting one of our tractors? I have a seat I was going to use on my new Rat-Rod project, but it looks like you could stand to benefit more from it. It's a "warm seat co" cast aluminum seat with plumbing ports to run engine coolant through to keep yer bumm warm in the colder months.

I had it the last time you were here, but we didn't go up to the barn and I never gave it a thought. I haven't tried the boom lift, but I would expect it to lift a tractor (that's a good question). The seat needs some sort of insulator for cold days, like today.

B.R.
Go to Top of Page

haykarenhardy

USA
199 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2010 :  09:06:02  Show Profile  Visit haykarenhardy's Homepage Send haykarenhardy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought the T-35 had two stage clutches, you can tell when you push down on clutch, more resistance half way down, may have live hydraulics for your boom lift. Check PTO shaft, does it stop turning when clutch is pushed about half way or does it stop when clutch is pushed all the way down. Lever to engage PTO should be on your right down from the seat when setting on the tractor. TO-30's did not have live hydraulics or live pto.
Stan

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic