Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 838 / Visits Today: 838
Highest Active Users: 838
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Old tiller on newer tractor.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  15:02:10  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will the old style tiller with the large reduction pulley/clutch work on my 3414s or does the seat pan interfere with the pulley?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 05/31/2009 15:04:55

simplelife

USA
1385 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  18:40:42  Show Profile  Visit simplelife's Homepage Send simplelife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't say for sure, but I am almost positive the large pulley would hit the seat pan. You do have a sawzall don't you? Just kidding. I would look into using the idler pulley arrangement from the newer style and changing the pulley size on the tiller. That might work.
Go to Top of Page

storm7016

244 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  19:28:33  Show Profile  Visit storm7016's Homepage Send storm7016 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
pretty sure its not going to work. The pto's are just to different.

Storm Larrison
Go to Top of Page

CJ55

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  19:31:36  Show Profile  Visit CJ55's Homepage Send CJ55 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It hits, trust me. I had one on Dad's 3416, had to get a new seat pan.

Muggsie

Bill Mugg
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  20:28:03  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think there was a kit for the newer tractors which had a pulley in the rear and you use the clutch in the mid-pto. Since you have that clutch, you didn't need the two pulley setup with the clutch... only the FDT's need the clutch setup (I think).

Michael
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  22:46:35  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I figured the sheave would be too big... I think I have seen tractors with a slot cut for the pulley.. The catch is that that arrangment is necessary to achieve the double reduction necessary. To achieve the same reduction with one belt you would have to have a pulley the size if a wagon wheel on the tiller. I do have an extra seat pan and an old seat. I could change out the pan when I till. The reduction ratio would still not be as low as with the FDT's since the sheave at the BGB is larger on the cone clutch.

what If I could drop the large pulley down on a low bracket then have a short belt to a set of pulleys on the pivot rod and a belt going from the set of smaller pulleys to to tiller. Please pardon my sketch. I lost my computer last week and had to buy a new one to run my business software on. Unfortunately all my 10+ year old programs to include my accounting software and Cad program are not compatible.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 05/31/2009 23:20:15
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic