Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 677 / Visits Today: 677
Highest Active Users: 677
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Projects (mechanical/electrical)
 Old Trailer Re-Do
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  15:33:27  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am kinda aggravated with myself for not taking "before" pics to show how bent & mistreated this trailer was when I got it. It started as a 16' with tandem house trailer axles & wheels. The rearmost 4' of frame was bent to crap from the people driving a 12K dozer on the thing. They had welded crap all over trying to beef it up.
So I cut the back 4' off, and most of the extra metal they had welded on. The trailer axles came off and I used the front axle hangers for the 5,200lb 6" drop-axle w/springs I already had. Re-welded many of the joints & added metal where needed. The heavy head-ache bar was already on it when I got it, glad it was in place.
The main frame is 3x4" angle iron that measures a tad over 1/4" thick. I know the axle is back a tad further than most, but I wanted it that way to be sure not to ever have negative tongue weight. I'll be pulling with a HD F250 truck, so it can handle the weight. Right now empty, I'd guess tongue weight at about 230+ pounds.
I just put the floor down & bolted in place this morning. All 2x10 treated. I have to pick up a set of lug nuts as I have just enough to hold wheels on at the moment.
I will build a full width tailgate later on when time allows. May add fenders too. It will be 2 piece to make for easier lifting. Now I'll have a trailer for most any need. I have a 9x6, this one, then a 16' tandem. The tandem is the "farm's", so I wanted a heavier trailer for myself as we have the 16' tied up with loads a lot.
And I bet ya notice the color paint too!!!

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Roy

USA
1366 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  15:42:19  Show Profile  Visit Roy's Homepage Send Roy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good looking HD trailer but the orange color is off just a bit.

Carry on,

Roy
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  15:58:05  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man Roy, you're a hard liner! Well, at least it's orange! Actually it's "Kubota Orange", so you have a good eye Roy.
I bought a set of small suitcase weights & a good friend needed a set. I had some money in paypal, so bought him a set cause he didn't have the cash. He had brought & left this gallon of paint a while back as he wasn't gonna use it, so I went with it to save money and to assure I'd get at least that much of my money back from the weights. He's one of those friends that will help if I called on him, so I didn't really mind getting him the weights. He didn't ask me to, I just did it. The guy may not have many more sets to sell.

Go to Top of Page

Roy

USA
1366 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  20:20:55  Show Profile  Visit Roy's Homepage Send Roy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daniel,

Just razzing you.
Nothing wrong with Kubota orange. Especially since you already had it on hand.

Good friends are hard to come by. I have one like you described. We trade stuff and favors back and forth all the time. Either of us would be insulted if the other offered payment for something.

Roy
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  22:52:25  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Roy, I knew you were razzing, .........but you're off my Christmas list anyway!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic