Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 3154 / Visits Today: 764
Highest Active Users: 3154
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 About this Website
 Planning Site shutdown moved to Oct 2024
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2023 :  22:30:00  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message
Hi folks, While this was fun to share this site with everyone, the prices to host the site keep skyrocketing. I am going to look for an alternative and keep the name, but I'm going to start planning a shutdown on April 10th. That will be about two days before they renew my subscription to hosting.

I've keep the site going based on my own personal use of the server and hosting was fairly cheap. $10-$12 per month. Though they want to give me a renewal of like $500 in a prepaid form. If they find a way to make a better deal, I may keep their service. For now, I'd give some warning.

All the data is free to anyone who wants to webcrawl or copy the site. The site was provided as an alternative to all the other sites when squelching people was just rude. I believe the main email for this site died and I've not had time to fix it, so if you've been writing, that has been broken.

Best of health and happy tractor fun for all. I'll update as we get closer.
Michael 4/2/2023

Michael

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2023 :  21:16:19  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message
Update: 4/6/2023... GoDaddy cut me a deal and gave me the economy pricing for the next six months. So we'll see in about five months.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2023 :  10:03:57  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message
I am extending another year with some downgrade as I buy time to see what I can migrate off this site. I like having my own webpages, but they keep jacking the prices and driving me off their services. I'm going to look for alternatives.

As systems get old, people drive up maintenance pricing... sort of like old tractors? hehehe.

Michael
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic