Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 5460 / Visits Today: 3143
Highest Active Users: 5460
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Simplicity 7013S Running Rough
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

coldr

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2020 :  10:35:27  Show Profile  Visit coldr's Homepage Send coldr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I mowed with the tractor yesterday but only at about 2000 RPM and it was fine but a bit rough. Over that and it skips, sputters and backfires.

Denis
7013S

Go to Top of Page

midnightpumpkin

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2020 :  11:29:45  Show Profile Send midnightpumpkin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No the universal module will not fix a bad coil, but it will eliminate any issues with points or condenser.
You can buy one for just over $15 on e-bay, it takes 5 minutes to install and everything can be put back to orginal if it does not solve the problem.

Worth a try?

John U
Go to Top of Page

coldr

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2020 :  19:08:18  Show Profile  Visit coldr's Homepage Send coldr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was a wise man who said “Try the easy things first.” Either the condenser or the the connection was bad. Changing it solved my problem. Thanks everyone for the help. Much appreciated.

Denis
7013S

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2020 :  14:15:23  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you running the original engine in that tractor, Denis? My ole 13hp finally got too tired to press on leading me to have to repower to a Briggs 16 hp. Gosh that was 6-7 years ago. Hard to believe I’ve owned my 3414 for almost 13 years now.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 04/20/2020 14:15:52
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2020 :  14:20:04  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Watch that back firing...I’ve lost a few welsh plugs over the years. My brother pretty much killed his engine after blowing out his plug without knowing. Sucked in a ton of dust.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

coldr

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2020 :  15:05:04  Show Profile  Visit coldr's Homepage Send coldr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is original as far as I know. I paid $1,000 for it 12 years ago. It came with a mowing deck, tiller, snow plow, molding plow, grading blade, rock rake (homemade), and sickle bar. Best money I ever spent. I did lose the welsh plug a few years back, but caught it in time and got away with honing the cylinder and replacing the rings.

Denis
7013S

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic