Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2096 / Visits Today: 1887
Highest Active Users: 2096
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Projects (mechanical/electrical)
 1982 York Power Rake model LFTPR

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
B112 Posted - 03/22/2010 : 22:15:05
I'm looking for ideas on where to get parts for a York Power Rake from 1982. This is the plate:

This is the rake being disassembled:

I called York and they don't have the manual, nor do they have any more parts besides the tines for the rake. They advised they were unfortunate to have a flood and they don't have any manuals from those times either.

I'm looking to find a replacement "shaft bolt"... Is that the correct name? If you needed one of these how'd you make it or get it fabricated? I'm thinking you'd buy some hex stock mount it in a lathe, grind out the middle of the stock. Cut it in half. Probably drill the holes first to make sure those cut correct. Then cut threads on the shaft. Not my cup of tea, but interested how'd it would be done... or who might do this type of work. Or better... can this type of part be bought?

Sketch1 - Shaft is 1.5" long diameter 1/2" with a 1/2" - 3/8" thread.

Sketch2 - The bolt size is about 1" high and fits in a 1" socket. It has a hole approximately 0.31" which bolts into a U-Bolt.

Bronze Bushing - I'm still looking for a good replacement, will probably wait until I can find a shaft bolt.

Sketch3: (Bushing sizes 5/8"OD x 1/2"ID x 1/2"L thickness 50/1000)
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
B112 Posted - 05/22/2010 : 19:59:59
Like exactly! Wow nice job! When I get this machine back together, I'll get some videos.
Denny Posted - 05/22/2010 : 17:04:05
Something like this ??

B112 Posted - 04/05/2010 : 21:10:48
Brad, Thanks for the suggestion.

Here's some parts I need to center these holes and size up bushings:

Could this be done with a standard drill press or do I want to have this machined? I'd figure I should get new bushings fitted in these before I fabricate the other shaft bolts. Should I be looking for any particular hardness of metals?
BRAD1975 Posted - 03/24/2010 : 11:09:44
I missed the part about the knob being hex shaped...if I needed a piece the first place I would look is an old snowblower...a lot of them use a hex shaft about that size where the friction wheel slides to give the different speeds
B112 Posted - 03/23/2010 : 20:05:39
Roy - thanks that answered that question. Denny, I'll send you an email.
Denny Posted - 03/23/2010 : 19:40:06
Michael, send me a piece of hex,,,and I'd be glad to make one for you. You would either need to send the old one,, or give the location of the hole. Hex would need to be about 3" to long,,,for chucking.
Bronze should be no problem,, I have that.
Roy Posted - 03/23/2010 : 19:26:07
Michael,

Steel hex bar stock:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#steel/=6ckd2y

Google "steel hex bar" and you will find many other sources.
BRAD1975 Posted - 03/23/2010 : 14:40:20
my first thought was that it looked like a dodge exhaust bolt would work....and a piece of 1" x 1" steel stock...a little bit of cutting drilling and welding

the thread would be fine tho...most exhast bolts ceem to come in fine

B112 Posted - 03/23/2010 : 10:48:41
Alan & Chris- thanks... So do you think I can buy this as a stock metal? The suggestion on knowing if it is a hard metal is important. I'll try to get over to a metal shop/store for pointers there. If anyone else has any ideas, so far, it's been a big help. Thank you, thank you.
Cvans Posted - 03/23/2010 : 10:36:30
I have to agree with the above. Take to several machine shops and get quotes. As long as you have a pattern getting others made should be a snap. same goes for the bushings.
sleepy Posted - 03/22/2010 : 23:02:59
Michael first off you need to know if the bolt is hard or not? then is the threads right hand or left hand? Any machine shop or anybody with a lathe can make that in a short time. Alan

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1