Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 5802 / Visits Today: 2627
Highest Active Users: 5802
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Which to use: chains or wheel weights?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
acdad Posted - 10/30/2009 : 22:05:47
Just a question on what I should use on my B210 with blower this winter. I have heard that tire chains can dig up the blacktop driveway? Should I use them or get some wheel weights? Thanks for any suggestions! Also HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
B-10 Posted - 12/07/2009 : 17:35:30
My B-10 has big ag tires on her and im going to use her in the gardens. Should I use chains when im plowing the earth or will my ag tires take the mission?
7010b1 Posted - 11/11/2009 : 04:13:19
with a blower you might get a way with out the chains but also you should not be spinning the tires ether. now i under stand turning around in the snow you will need some extra traction. backing right in the blown path will help but playing in the snow is so much fun, but pulling it out of the snow is not much at all. yea been there. have fun...
storm7016 Posted - 11/01/2009 : 07:32:01
You'll never want to shovel again, and its fun too.....
acdad Posted - 10/31/2009 : 17:53:54
Thanks for all the info. I have the orig tires on it and a set of chains. I only have an 8 car driveway (2 wide and 4 long). I know that its overkill for the driveway, but I cant wait to use it this winter!
storm7016 Posted - 10/31/2009 : 11:02:38
Loaded ag tires and you won't tear nothing up.
Denny Posted - 10/31/2009 : 08:11:22
I agree with Michael,, I use both in Ohio. I have a few chain marks on my concrete, but not many. Never been stuck, snow or mud. The chains and weights have never been off my early B10,(Alice),,and I've had her since 1974.
B112 Posted - 10/30/2009 : 22:15:53
You will probably still need both wheel weights and chains. Don't get the V-Bar chains, as those are known to tear up a driveway.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1