Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 934 / Visits Today: 771
Highest Active Users: 934
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 My move to the dark side (sorta)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

split51

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  23:26:25  Show Profile Send split51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just picked up my first non Allis L&G, a Simplicity Sunstar with 315 hours. I know it's not really the dark side but I have always said I would only buy Allis. I just could t pass on this low hour machine.

Edited by - skunkhome on 07/05/2015 21:09:44

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2015 :  12:11:32  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A low hour power steering Sunstar and a meal at Steak and Shake, that is a great day!

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2015 :  13:24:23  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nice looking machine.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2015 :  21:12:45  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if you can't live with yourself on the dark side you can load up that evil think and bring it down here where I can dispose of it properly, like 25 years from now.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

split51

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2015 :  21:35:55  Show Profile Send split51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This will probably make the simplicity collectors cringe but I think I am going to remove the decals and do it in an Allis Chalmers 8000 series black and white style decal.
I am going to run a compression check on it and maybe need rings. The right cylinder just doesn't act right which is why the PO was selling it.
I have a 3 point I am going to install on it and am now on the hunt for a rear PTO. It is going to get Ags and tri ribs.

Phil. I still have a B1 sitting here for you if you ever get up this way.

Also, if anyone has a spring loaded mower deck shield available, I could use one.

Edited by - skunkhome on 07/07/2015 20:01:50
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  11:56:55  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I say make her an Allis...I dig the 8000's. Maybe you could cut her in half and make it 4W!

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  13:20:34  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you really have your heart set on an Allis I will trade you.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Edited by - Cvans on 07/06/2015 13:25:04
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  19:46:58  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A lot of the dir hard AC guys wont take to the green ones Chris...but I do! ;)

Go to Top of Page

split51

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2015 :  19:32:52  Show Profile Send split51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a pair of the Deutz. A 1916 and a 1920.
Chris. I really like that loader.

Edited by - skunkhome on 07/07/2015 20:02:38
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2015 :  19:59:44  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too green, guys

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2015 :  20:06:29  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by split51

Phil. I still have a B1 sitting here for you if you ever get up this way.

Really? Not that one from Texas.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2015 :  21:16:12  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You have some nice tractors there. I still want the Isetta though.
Some people don't like the green ones. It is an unusual color but doesn't bother me so far. I had a 1916 that I gave to my Son and this 1920. I paid $400 for the 1918 (air filter screw stuck under an exhaust valve) and $300 for the 1920 which was just recently brought home. The guy said the engine started making noise so he shut it off and it has been setting since. I had time to get it running today and it sounds fine. What I did find was the two spot welds that hold the base for the air filter stud had broken loose. Everything was bouncing around. This came with a Simplicity loader and counter weight. I'm not going to get my hopes too high until I run it for a while.

Thomas Jefferson

Edited by - Cvans on 07/07/2015 21:17:32
Go to Top of Page

split51

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2015 :  21:45:36  Show Profile Send split51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No Phil. Not the Texas B1. Never got it. I can't remember where this one came from. I have 3 builder B1s sitting out back and my display B1 which I found at a local auction and was originally sold by the dealership my father would later own. It still has the dealer decal on the fender.

Chris, I wasn't to fond of the Deutz green when they came out, my father brought a 1914 home and I remember thinking it was the ugliest Allis I had ever seen. I warmed up to them after mowing with it a few times now I see them as a part of the Allis history. After all, Allis Chalmers started out being green until 1929.
Your 1920 with the loader looks to be in very nice condition. How many hours are on it? Can't be too many if the front tires are original with the weight of the loader on them. My 1920 has 476 and shows more wear on the fronts then yours.

On a side note, I was working at dads dealership when Deutz bought Allis and had to install Deutz Allis decals over all the Allis Chalmers decals. I really had a dislike for DA at that time to have us deface Allis with all those KHD decals. Nothing looked worse to me than an 8000 series tractor with Deutz Allis name.

Edited by - split51 on 07/07/2015 21:52:21
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2015 :  22:17:00  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting story about the DA buyout. I don't think changing those decals would have set well with me either.
I want to say the tractor has 603 hours on it. The counterweight on the back is big so for the most part there isn't a lot of weight on the front when the bucket is empty.

Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic