Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2584 / Visits Today: 1293
Highest Active Users: 2584
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 ditch digger
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2017 :  15:11:47  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 7010b1

very nice that is still one of my top 5 finds. weed cutter, trencher, post hole digger, AC loader and fork lift. i will have to keep dreaming one day. nice find.
found a weed cutter on ebay but no shipping. to far a way to get it on a tank of gas.

I'll keep my eyes peeled. Those weedcutters pop up fairly often nowadays, and I travel more than I should to feed the habit.

I did forget to report back on the latest Trencher. The story seems to hold some water. The tractor should clean up nice, and I was able to get it running with a fuel system cleaning. It seems to have seen very little use, and the saw is like new. The tractor has 725 badges on it, but everything about it points to a model 700, and a few things, told me it should be a Wonderboy. Sure enough, the model tag indicates a Wonderboy, and it is tractor serial number 16! I have since found Wonderboy badges, but need to remove the JB Weld that is holding the 725 badge backers on before I can have this one done. The old Schenuits were suffering under the load, so I threw on some OEM dual adapters and a matching set of 6-12's, and plan to put a dozer out front for shows this summer. I'm very pleased!

I can't seem to get photos to work, and photobucket is down. I Shared some info and pictures of the machine here, if you are able to view it on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/MIOldTractor/posts/?ref=page_internal

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2017 :  21:10:45  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is incredible. #16! Could very well have been the first day of a 50+ year production run.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 05/22/2017 21:20:49
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2017 :  07:32:21  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

That is incredible. #16! Could very well have been the first day of a 50+ year production run.

I thought the same thing. And for it to have lived its life within a dealership seems nearly impossible to me. Quite a heavy investment for them, I would imagine. I will work on loading pictures here.

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2017 :  08:50:54  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everything needs a delicate cleaning, but I may leave the seat plastic wrap alone. The manufacturer logo still shows nicely, and I'm not sure the discoloration will clean off anyway.

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2017 :  17:26:35  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet rig!

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2017 :  22:44:53  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you know of anyone with lower serial numbers?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

ac720nut

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2017 :  12:45:52  Show Profile Send ac720nut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lookin nice Josh

Lloyd
Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2017 :  07:46:05  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks very nice!

Jon
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2017 :  15:00:39  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

Do you know of anyone with lower serial numbers?

I do not know of a lower serial #, but sadly, I have never had one with a legible serial number before. These were the aluminum, stamped serial # tags, and the Simplicity's seem to be stamped very poorly. The black paint on the tag also is typically mostly gone. I have noticed the B-1 tractors I have had, have a nicer serial number, but still suffer from missing paint.

The later foil tags were even worse...I have a nearly new B-10, and it is the only foil tag serial number I can make out. It is very faint. My 64 landlords have no sign of a serial number at all.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic