Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 5159 / Visits Today: 829
Highest Active Users: 5159
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 snow plow season
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

igo2xs

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2019 :  05:54:14  Show Profile  Visit igo2xs's Homepage Send igo2xs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all
plow season is coming soon I like to see some creative ways to add rear weight to our tractors for traction
thanks John

oldsarge

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2019 :  21:08:18  Show Profile  Visit oldsarge's Homepage Send oldsarge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
8.5" tires,cross 2 chains,100# on each rear wheel,NO weight on frame at all .Does it for me
Go to Top of Page

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2019 :  21:30:03  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a 350 lb box blade on the back of mine.

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!'
Go to Top of Page

oldsarge

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2019 :  17:33:06  Show Profile  Visit oldsarge's Homepage Send oldsarge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just have weight on the wheels only. Weight on the frame causes too much flex load on the axles and bearings.my opinion anyway Been tilling and snowblowing like that w/416s for 30 years.Never broke an axle tube even!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2019 :  22:14:52  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldsarge

I just have weight on the wheels only. Weight on the frame causes too much flex load on the axles and bearings.my opinion anyway Been tilling and snowblowing like that w/416s for 30 years.Never broke an axle tube even!!!!!

I haven't been at it that long but Allis will probably out live me.The only time I take off the blade is to put on a sprayer.

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!'
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2019 :  22:34:14  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After breaking two Kubota axles I'm a firm believer in putting the weight in or on the rear wheels.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

lilypad

USA
638 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2019 :  03:47:20  Show Profile  Visit lilypad's Homepage Send lilypad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Besides wheel weights I added about 13 gal of windshield wiper flued to the rear tires. Made a big difference and no weight added to the axels.

RLM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic