Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 13 / Visits Today: 13
Highest Active Users: 13
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 snow plow season

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
igo2xs Posted - 08/29/2019 : 05:54:14
Hello all
plow season is coming soon I like to see some creative ways to add rear weight to our tractors for traction
thanks John
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lilypad Posted - 09/14/2019 : 03:47:20
Besides wheel weights I added about 13 gal of windshield wiper flued to the rear tires. Made a big difference and no weight added to the axels.
Cvans Posted - 08/31/2019 : 22:34:14
After breaking two Kubota axles I'm a firm believer in putting the weight in or on the rear wheels.
oldron Posted - 08/31/2019 : 22:14:52
quote:
Originally posted by oldsarge

I just have weight on the wheels only. Weight on the frame causes too much flex load on the axles and bearings.my opinion anyway Been tilling and snowblowing like that w/416s for 30 years.Never broke an axle tube even!!!!!

I haven't been at it that long but Allis will probably out live me.The only time I take off the blade is to put on a sprayer.
oldsarge Posted - 08/31/2019 : 17:33:06
I just have weight on the wheels only. Weight on the frame causes too much flex load on the axles and bearings.my opinion anyway Been tilling and snowblowing like that w/416s for 30 years.Never broke an axle tube even!!!!!
oldron Posted - 08/29/2019 : 21:30:03
I have a 350 lb box blade on the back of mine.
oldsarge Posted - 08/29/2019 : 21:08:18
8.5" tires,cross 2 chains,100# on each rear wheel,NO weight on frame at all .Does it for me

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1