Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 205 / Visits Today: 205
Highest Active Users: 205
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Mid '60's DEMCO Amigo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 06/29/2015 : 08:28:51
Wanted to share my latest treasure. This is a tractor that I was beginning to think I would not find (or maybe find, but not afford). It will require I sell some items form the barn, but this is a long awaited, and very welcome addition to my collection.

There has been some attention given to the Amigo tractors within the past decade...they are very scarce, and very overbuilt. Being a locally manufactured machine, I have wanted to track one down, in any condition. I was very pleased to come to terms with the seller of this beauty, on Father's Day. I was able to get back over there and pick it up yesterday.

This is an Amigo 99, with 32" deck and optional 3 point hitch. It is powered by a K141 Kohler, and has power transmitted by a hi/lo/rev planetary transmission with 2-speed axle. Best guess is that she is a '65/'66.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
B10Dave Posted - 06/30/2015 : 17:53:38
Nice find Josh.Good example of a rare tractor....Dave
olcowhand Posted - 06/30/2015 : 11:18:44
I've seen several at various shows, up to 4 or 5 at a single show. But none ever for sale.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 06/30/2015 : 07:31:31
I have only seen 3 in person, this one included. There was one for sale at a show swap last year, with deck and dozer, but it was real rough, didn't run, and he was asking the moon. I got his card and called on it a month later...sold. Exactly a year later, I'm glad I got this one instead =]

I also found one in a barn, when picking up some Simplicity wheel weights that were on craigslist. The fella met me out in the drive in front of his barn, and when we chatted a moment on the weights (he did not know what brand they were), he asked if I could take a peek at a small Simplicity he had in the barn, that he couldn't get the mower belt onto. Turns out it was a roundhood Broadmoor, and we got him squared away. He had inherited the house, barn, property and all possessions from his late Grandfather. The barn was stuffed, and in the hayloft was an 'Amigo' grill peeking at me.

I inquired on his desire to sell (he had a bunch of stuff on craigslist), and he said he could not entertain an offer on the Amigo, because his Grandfather told him it was something that could never be re-bought. It was a fine looking, all original machine, kept high and dry for decades. I"m sure it's still sitting there today!
B-16_IC Posted - 06/29/2015 : 20:30:07
That one is an amazing find Josh! Beautiful condition for it's age. I've seen a few Amigo come up for sale through the years but not in that condition. I really appreciate the rare and odd ones, that one definitely fits the bill!
olcowhand Posted - 06/29/2015 : 16:06:37
As much as I'm into my Bush Hog tractors, an Amigo would be welcome here!
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 06/29/2015 : 14:59:12
It's a hoot to drive...you guys are welcome to swing by for a ride!

The tractor is direct drive, and the planetary shifts like the feel a Simplicity shuttle...except there is no slip, and it is very quiet and very smooth. You don't really hear or feel the gears change, it just pushes you back in the seat a bit when it moves from Lo to Hi. It would be impossible to break the tires loose going from N to L, and it does not jerk. Low/Low is a true creeper gear. At half throttle I let it climb the ramps into my truck bed, while I stepped aside and climbed over the bedside to catch it at the top...I had to wait for it! High/High is said to reach 8mph at full RPM. That's cookin! It also has independent turning brakes and a live rear PTO.

With the grill being cast, and the hood being so heavy, I swear it weighs as much as two RBT hoods. I have also got to try out the deck. It takes power from the transmission via belt, but the spindles are chain drive. The blades are permanent with replaceable cutting edges.

I sure do get a kick out of quality, American built machinery!

To boot, this tractor came from it's designer's family (nephew). He had 8 Amigo's in the family, and they sold last year at auction, here in Michigan, after his passing. Wish I could have chatted with that fella. I'm told there were boxes and boxes of nos parts there as well. Possibly enough to build more Amigo's.
Cvans Posted - 06/29/2015 : 14:09:04
That's a neat tractor.
oldron Posted - 06/29/2015 : 09:58:36
Very nice,thanks for sharing.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1