Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 912 / Visits Today: 912
Highest Active Users: 912
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Kut Kwick

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kma4444 Posted - 05/04/2014 : 06:31:19
I've not posted here in a long time, just been using my old Allis and neglecting her makeover. She desperately deserves it as she's still dressed in her terrible aqua paint,, one day.

But the topic of this post is something completely different though, it is in the correct color.

A local auction was setting up this week and I stopped in for a look see and ran across this.

A video showing one in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaDNu0XC49E

I was intrigued so I did a little research. Seems the company is still in business kutkwick.com, and they are not far from me in Brunswick GA, they make WAY pricey slope mowers. This is an early version. Now pretty it isn't but unique and to me super cool for sure. SO I went to the auction Saturday and hung out for several hours before I was bored to tears. I headed home and decided to watch online. As it happens being late in the auction was a good thing, I bought it for,,,,, about $350 all fees included.

Best I can tell, it weighs just shy of 2000 pounds. The hour meter shows 669 but of course I have no idea if it works still. It looks to have been sitting for some time. Lots of interesting things about it and I haven't even gone to pick it up yet. The deck is driven by a pto shaft right off the front of the, Kohler I think, 23 hp engine. Then a belt driven hyd pump does the rest of the work. The 4 tires are shot and I have no idea what size they are. I'm afraid they will be expensive, but at least I'm in the thing for little money.

There doesn't seem to be and place on the web where these are discussed so I thought I would just post it up on my favorite tractor site. My plans are to get it going, then use it like crazy. Unfortunately I don't have any 40 degree slopes to really test it on, but at least I have some hills I can crab across and get a taste for what it can really do. I will post up here as I go along if there is any interest. Just let me know if you guys want updates.

I'm oddly excited about this thing!!!!! Thanks for humoring me.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kma4444 Posted - 04/11/2015 : 19:25:18
The Little Red Wagon was quite the ride, very neat thing. Golden was an innovator and a brave soul no doubt.

This one has the 8 3/4" diff and is really easy to service. The carrier comes out of the front of the housing then you set the thing up on the bench to work on it. The carrier bearings are adjusted with threaded bearing retainers, very easy indeed. No spreading housings or the like. I have had to do the spreading the housing bit and no sir, I didn't like it.

Thanks, I really like the colors, I mixed the blue after struggling to find what I wanted. I think it works really well with the old truck lines.
B-16_IC Posted - 04/07/2015 : 21:07:30
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

Lil Red wagon!

Nothing says "crazy wild ride" like a diminutive unit body cab forward pickup with a race Hemi mounted midship!!!!! Bill Golden had some serious nerves driving that beast.

The A-100 is looking good! Good progress, it's going to be a looker with that color combo.
skunkhome Posted - 04/06/2015 : 13:15:00
Lil Red wagon!
Cvans Posted - 04/05/2015 : 21:16:06
Does this truck have the differential that you have to spread to take the carrier out? There will be a cast circle on each side of the differential cover if it is. My Barracuda had one of those and they can be a pain to shim if you haven't worked with them. 6 3/4" ring gear?

kma4444 Posted - 04/05/2015 : 09:40:47
It's got a 318 in it now that was evidently a replacement for the original 273. It has a 4 barrel Edelbrock carb and runs well. I have considered swapping it for a new Hemi which would be cool and since I now have the 5 speed automatic from the new Hemi almost mounted up, it would be a pretty straight forward swap. But I will likely get it together and stay old school with the engine for now. It's an easy vehicle to change engines in, excepting having to lift it off the engine instead of lifting the engine out. You can do it through the door, but it's completely open on the bottom and it drops out very easily.

I'm looking around for some 3.55 gears with the Sure Grip diff, that with the OD trans should make it quite the cruiser. Now just to find the time to dedicate to it!!!
Cvans Posted - 03/31/2015 : 20:57:36
quote:
Still has the 4.10 rear gear though!!!!

You might try and locate a set of 3.55 gears for it. If your just using it for shows and cruising the 3.23's would work also.

superbinder Posted - 03/31/2015 : 20:56:44
It's gonna be fast, notice the barefoot gas pedal.Just like joe dirt's hemi,
B10Dave Posted - 03/31/2015 : 11:17:50
Kevin; what is the power train going to be. Stock or?
kma4444 Posted - 03/31/2015 : 07:00:40
Howdy All, thought I would post up a couple pics of the A100. I did make a little progress on it but the winter was largely taken up with a race car rebuild job. It was good to have the income during the winter that's for sure.

That's pretty much where it is now. I did get the suspension and everything out from under it and got it blasted. I have some of it painted and am in the middle of scrubbing the underside to prep it for paint. Nothing fun about that. But it's close to ready for the day of laying on my back spraying. Looking forward to getting it done for sure.

B-16_IC Posted - 06/11/2014 : 20:13:28
That A-100 is going to look sweet! Can't remember the last time I saw one alive? They are quite rare and very interesting.
kma4444 Posted - 06/11/2014 : 07:37:59
It originally had a 273 but at some point it got swapped for a 318. It also was a 3 on the tree and ended up with an automatic. Still has the 4.10 rear gear though!!!! Not much of a highway runner in it's current state. I may convert it to an overdrive trans, just have to see.
Cvans Posted - 06/11/2014 : 07:28:33
Nice work on the truck. Is that a 273 buried in there?
kma4444 Posted - 06/11/2014 : 06:35:56
Thanks guys, I'm back home now for a few days, June is crazy busy.... But looking forward to running it around a bit. I'm still missing one for the sheet metal pieces for the engine. A pretty critical one as it shrouds the cylinder head on the right side. Maybe it was removed when they diagnosed the miss,,, or they ran it without it and that contributed to the broken rod on that cylinder. Either way, it hasn't arrived yet so I made up a temporary one out of aluminum so it is usable now.

Here's a pic of the A100 when I got it. It was about as pretty as the Kut Kwick!!!! It's been way more work.

I won't pile this site full of pics of it's progress but it's come a long way. The page on my website shows some of it. I have more done but not any great sets of pictures, I need to work on that.

Here's a couple as it is now, the inside of the bed and the interior are painted. Just a little finish sanding and then it's time to paint the rest of it. It will be the colors you see on the interior. I mixed the blue, it's some lighter than the original color, I like it, it's very refreshing looking!!! The center of the body will be the white color, following the body lines of course. Traditional but it just works with the thing.

http://mallenalley.com/a100.html
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 06/04/2014 : 11:47:52
...I love your mower.
Cvans Posted - 06/03/2014 : 22:35:27
Your efforts paid off in spades. Bet that mower looks better than new.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1