Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 458 / Visits Today: 458
Highest Active Users: 458
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 sears

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
joe fess Posted - 06/21/2014 : 18:13:54
I came across a good parts tractor for my 1977 sears garden tractor.I use it for all my mowing and fall clean up.So far as I can tell it has a good deck,good transaxle,and a decent running engine.

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wlewis379 Posted - 03/08/2015 : 23:28:48
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

My biggest problems with cranking up motors after winter I am sure is tied to the use of gasohol.

Or maybe those little critters you keep complaining about Phil!
skunkhome Posted - 03/08/2015 : 22:25:44
My biggest problems with cranking up motors after winter I am sure is tied to the use of gasohol.
joe fess Posted - 03/08/2015 : 15:37:57
Decided to dig out tractor to check it out.It has been buried since blizzard hit us.A quick 10 min.charged and the old gal started right up.They don't make them like they did back then(1977)Worcester county over 100 inches this winter parts of Alaska only 20.I'll have snow till may at this rate.

Cvans Posted - 08/14/2014 : 15:46:28
It's so much fun to see the kids having a good time. The smiles are so heart warming. Thanks for the photos!
joe fess Posted - 08/13/2014 : 18:14:44
Gave it a quick spray job with leftover paint from loader project and mounted plow frame.Grandchildren took turns driving and riding on what they call grampys new old tractor.One grandchild left but he has to learn to sit up to get a turn.

joe fess Posted - 06/29/2014 : 05:58:50
After two carb.cleanings and a good fuel tank flush running good.Gear oil looked like a moca shake.New plug,oil and muffler I had in my parts.Tossed out seat cover,not knowing what was living in it and painted steel pan.New belt guide worked good but one on deck too wide .Ruined belt before I noticed it,now modified.Cut lawn without any further problems.Wire brushed major rust areas and primed.It will be back up and parts mach. as needed.

olcowhand Posted - 06/22/2014 : 07:53:48
A backup or parts tractor is priceless! That one looks pretty good.
joe fess Posted - 06/22/2014 : 06:05:58
Previous owner said belt would not stay on mower, belt retainer for double stack pulley missing and no longer available.Went to e-bay and found a new old stock one,lucky.Clutch spring for drive too strong,ordered right one.Carb. had to be cleaned and a new fuel line.I should be able to cut with it in a week or so.This was a $1300-$1400 tractor 37 years ago and it is still earning it's keep.
B-16_IC Posted - 06/21/2014 : 21:34:05
And wheel weights! Parts tractors are very handy as these things get older, can't just get parts anywhere.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1