Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 931 / Visits Today: 931
Highest Active Users: 931
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 What new; compares to the AC314

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jay2_45644 Posted - 01/15/2015 : 10:36:04
I'm looking for a new garden tractor. What is equal or better than my AC 314? I search garden tractors on the net but lawn tractors come up. I want a lift on the rear for plows etc, and a tractor built to last like my 314. Thanks' for any thoughts.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 01/23/2015 : 16:29:32
I would agree with the suggestion of a late model Sovereign. They are a real sweetheart, with more Oomph than earlier models, comforts like hydraulic lift vs electric or manual, and they can be had with power steering. All of these things were features I steered away from when my eyes were only looking for a vintage machine, but since owning one, they flat out rock. Recently the pricing on them has suffered greatly, and so it's been a buyer's market.

Something a bit larger would be a Sunstar platform. That's a real mule, but attachments begin getting more scarce, and more $$.

Something newer yet like a Prestige will cost much more, and finding attachments becomes a much more costly ordeal. I am now enjoying a couple late model Legacy machines found at very modest prices. I've literally found them at give-away prices.

Do you have a budget in mind? Personally, I'd stick to a Sovereign if you enjoy your Allis as much as it seems.
jay2_45644 Posted - 01/18/2015 : 21:25:07
Any close up pics from different angles? I'm seeing another project in my future.
jay2_45644 Posted - 01/18/2015 : 21:23:09
Nice....
skunkhome Posted - 01/18/2015 : 20:23:44
New, the 314 cost about $1750 -1850 with mower. Love back saving attachments. I have been meaning to make forks to put on my Johnny bucket.
jay2_45644 Posted - 01/18/2015 : 13:56:36
Yes. it has been handy. From hauling firewood, a load of 4x4's, even all the Christmas decorations down to the house from the shed. Saves your back some.
B-16_IC Posted - 01/17/2015 : 12:04:39
My thoughts on your skid lift are it looks incredibly handy and I need to build something similar! I really doubt that skid with a full load of firewood will weigh much more than a 38 inch heavy duty tiller that was factory offered on tractors with the same rear end with no problems. Something new with similar capacity will cost as much as a new automobile. Not really much different than when it was new comparitivly.
oldsarge Posted - 01/16/2015 : 23:19:23
When you can't steer any more,throw a log off and weigh it.That's your weight limit as logically determined!!!
jay2_45644 Posted - 01/16/2015 : 15:31:19
Didn't want to ditch the 314. Just also wanted a newer tractor. Any thoughts on the skid lift I made. Are there documented weight limits I should stay under. So far it carries quite a load of firewood.
lilypad Posted - 01/16/2015 : 00:45:43
I don't know that any of them have a lift. Main difference between lawn and garden tractors is in the size of the rear tires. I purchased an new Craftsman ProSeries garden tractor 7400. 26 HP and a 54 inch mower. These are made by Husqvarna and are only available at local independent Sears stores. You can see them at www.craftsman.com. If your looking for new with a three point you need to look at the Deere's, Kubota's, Massy, etc. and then you are looking at some BIG bucks. All I needed was a riding mower and I added a plow for plowing snow. It works well for both functions. I am currently adding insulation to my shop and will follow with sheet rock and then the Simplicity 4041 project or the Ferguson? Will add shop pictures when it's complete.
skunkhome Posted - 01/15/2015 : 12:10:39
I really don't think there is a modern equal. You might want to consider a late model Sovereign. They would be the closest to your original tractor and much of the tractor will be very familiar to you. Why do you want to ditch your 314?
http://www.cornbeltequipment.com/new_model_detail_print.asp?Manufacturer=160&Vehicle=1143

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1