Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 658 / Visits Today: 658
Highest Active Users: 658
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Porter Cable built Montgomery Ward Garden Mark

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 05/12/2014 : 09:08:38
This could just be my favorite old tractor...I'm just floored by it's condition, and cannot find much on this specific model (nothing, really). I have dug up quite a bit about the Porter Cable Mark I tractors, of which this is a re-brand, but have been unable to find anything on the M/W variety.

This one came from a barn in Pattersonville, NY, where it was part of a lot of tractors I purchased and had shipped. The Briggs is dated April 1951. The tractor supposedly ran as recently as last year, and it feels great, but I have not yet fueled it up to test. Time was limited on Mother's Day when it arrived.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kwj427 Posted - 06/12/2017 : 19:22:11
hi, do you still have this tractor?
thanks kenny
615-476-3330
kwj427@gmail.com
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 05/29/2015 : 07:46:03
Well, it's been a year now, and I still haven't gotten spark in my Wards. I have been casually looking for an amature assembly (Briggs #296834), or even a donor engine, with no luck. I need to turn the heat up so I can enjoy this thing! It did polish up nicely. Lotsa grease/grime that washed off with some hot water and soap. Original tires are still up on air!
Paulcurtis3 Posted - 05/19/2014 : 21:22:18
I'd be glad to have that homelite even if it had a dentist chair on it! ! Nice !
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 05/19/2014 : 13:53:51
So far, the Wards has no spark, but the others fired right up with gas and a battery. The vickers in the homie is the tightest I have had....and no leaks! I have a free boat seat available for anyone interested in picking it up. The 3012 is the first functioning variable I have had....its actually very nice. I can see why they sold well, but unfortunately, I also know why they only offered them for a few years.
kma4444 Posted - 05/19/2014 : 08:21:33
Wow, that's a time capsule. How cool is that!!!!
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 05/14/2014 : 08:00:32
She's a real peach, that's for sure! I popped the seat cover off last nite, and the original seat is immaculate. This guy was big into preserving his seats (or just adding padding!). The Wheel Horse and 3012 I received also had the same covers and are in great shape.

Sadly, no original seat for the T-16H
B-16_IC Posted - 05/13/2014 : 22:00:47
That is a fine specimen Josh! Those oddball orphans like that have a special place in my heart. When they come along in a condition like that it's hard to walk away.

That little boy is sure a cutie, amazing how fast they change huh!?
Cvans Posted - 05/13/2014 : 09:35:29
That machine is in beautiful condition.

skunkhome Posted - 05/13/2014 : 08:21:34
That is an incredible specimen. Should clean up well. I guess that is a 6 hp engine.
A-C 1036_B-10 Posted - 05/13/2014 : 06:14:24
Haha I guess that happens sometimes. Anyways that's a neat machine. Now you need to park it next to the garden mark squire and take it to some shows.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 05/12/2014 : 21:32:43
quote:
Originally posted by A-C 1036_B-10

That's a pretty cool little tractor you got there. I like the name of it "Aristocrat" that justs sounds vintage. When looking at the picture of the deck it looks like the rollers are made of wood or are they just dirty plastic rollers?

Haha...we overlapped our posts above!

Yup...the wood appears original....wooden components are neat on these old rigs!
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 05/12/2014 : 21:30:34
Yes Dave...the belt drive drops down and drives a cross shaft, to bevel gear boxes. The deck is in great shape....it appears to have all its original decals and the original wooden rollers.
A-C 1036_B-10 Posted - 05/12/2014 : 21:28:11
That's a pretty cool little tractor you got there. I like the name of it "Aristocrat" that justs sounds vintage. When looking at the picture of the deck it looks like the rollers are made of wood or are they just dirty plastic rollers?
B10Dave Posted - 05/12/2014 : 18:11:06
Josh; Junior looks right at home on that rig. Are the deck blades driven by bevel gears or are those lumps on the deck surface something else?....Dave
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 05/12/2014 : 09:10:13

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1