Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 755 / Visits Today: 755
Highest Active Users: 755
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 beaver

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
joe fess Posted - 02/11/2012 : 08:40:58
came by this sight while killing time.my grandfather had one from early 50s and it remains in the family at my brothers house.i remember plowing snow with it,heavy strong machine.it had about a 6 hp wisconson forward/reverse gear and no brakes.they were made in ct. local to me.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
joe fess Posted - 03/05/2019 : 16:30:41
1948 Beaver $1000 Worcester C L . Old unit with lever to engage drive.

joe fess Posted - 07/04/2014 : 05:48:41
We used to pull a plow or cultivator with a chain to tractor to keep weeds at bay in garden.When it started to grow in we would swap rear wheels around to make width very slim ,as you put it.
joe fess Posted - 11/28/2013 : 22:29:32
Worcester MA. CL and ebay both have Beavers listed if anyone is interested.I can remember plowing with my grandfathers as a kid.
BRAD1975 Posted - 04/30/2012 : 21:27:19
hmmm..this thread title has sucked me into this thread every time i see it ha

and its never what im expecting
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/30/2012 : 21:13:25
Wow! Very neat Jim. I don't think I could ever pass on one if I ran across it. Those are neat...slim little buggers.
canawler Posted - 04/29/2012 : 10:26:42
I was just at a show yesterday that had one of each type of steering setup for the Beavers.

Here's a good side by side comparison.

canawler Posted - 02/12/2012 : 09:49:20
quote:
Originally posted by midnightpumpkin

Flexible shaft inside a rigid tube???

John U

Yes. As mentioned, not very precise.
midnightpumpkin Posted - 02/12/2012 : 04:24:28
quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

"Note the support for the steering "column".

I noticed that but couldn't tell for sure what it was. I wonder how they transfer the torque around the curve?

Flexible shaft inside a rigid tube???

John U
Cvans Posted - 02/12/2012 : 00:15:50
"Note the support for the steering "column".

I noticed that but couldn't tell for sure what it was. I wonder how they transfer the torque around the curve?
skunkhome Posted - 02/11/2012 : 19:29:41
Chris apparently they made them both ways as the second tractor does indeed have a steering wheel. Note the support for the steering "column".
Cvans Posted - 02/11/2012 : 19:03:17
Boy did I blow that. In the second photo it looks to me like the guy is holding a small steering wheel. Now after doing a little reading I see these things are tiller steer. So much for cables in a pipe
joe fess Posted - 02/11/2012 : 15:17:57
the front grill was steel and the top was a form of plastic. it had the most friendly system to use press on front of footrest for forward heal of it for reverse,that is it
skunkhome Posted - 02/11/2012 : 12:57:55
I like the tiller models with the sheet metal over the engine. Kinda reminds me of oldron's Gibson.
joe fess Posted - 02/11/2012 : 12:04:13
http://beavertractor.com/history.html hear is a link to a sight about them.chris according to history they did have a cable system,not very good.
canawler Posted - 02/11/2012 : 11:54:34
quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

Interesting. I wonder if there is a cable between the steering wheel and the front axle?

The top picture is tiller steering.
The bottom one does use a cable. I've heard they're pretty imprecise, to say the least.

Here's a pic of one from a local show.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1