Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2647 / Visits Today: 257
Highest Active Users: 2647
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Bush Hog Restoration
 Bushhog for sale on craigslist

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cschmidt62 Posted - 01/19/2012 : 15:12:09
http://louisville.craigslist.org/grd/2728271524.html
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 01/20/2012 : 13:25:33
quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I have always loved the way they look. How did we end up with a Bush Hog specific forum here? Just curious...

Michael owns one!

Haha! I gotcha. I haven't heard back from my Bush Hog buddy yet, but am slightly distracted with a P'max as well. It's probably a good thing most of my inquiries don't pan out.
olcowhand Posted - 01/20/2012 : 09:29:08
Massey Rouge Red is VERY close. Nobody knows the original color codes. I'll have to look to see what the yellow I used is.
B112 Posted - 01/19/2012 : 23:03:42
quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

Michael owns one!

Yupper. It's waiting for some attention. Sicklebar, mower, plow and tiller. Great chrome last I looked. Ag tires, looks all there. Found in VT. Desparately needs attention. All direct drive from what I understand. Did I ever post the manuals? I think I got the parts manual from the company way back.

Dan if you find some decent colors to paint the D4-10, I should pay attention. The Wisconsin has a rusted out exhaust manifold, it's the worst part of it.
olcowhand Posted - 01/19/2012 : 21:46:30
quote:

I have always loved the way they look. How did we end up with a Bush Hog specific forum here? Just curious...

Michael owns one!
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 01/19/2012 : 21:26:59
olcowhand Posted - 01/19/2012 : 20:02:10
quote:
Originally posted by cschmidt62

Since these are so hard to find parts for am I correct to assume that the were built from the ground up by Bush Hog and not built by someone who built multiple other garden tractors?

Yes, all built by Bush Hog in Galesburg, Kansas. They bought the former "Shaw Manufacturing" plant in 1962.
cschmidt62 Posted - 01/19/2012 : 19:54:50
Since these are so hard to find parts for am I correct to assume that the were built from the ground up by Bush Hog and not built by someone who built multiple other garden tractors?
olcowhand Posted - 01/19/2012 : 19:41:47
I have three D4-10's like this one. I gave $150 for one complete with push blade & mower deck. It's the one I totally restored. I got it running/driving within 24hrs of buying, and took no $'s to fire her up....just some labor. My 2nd one I paid $102.50 tractor only, the 3rd one $50 with deck. Both the last 2 ran & drove with no extra $'s. Ended up parting one to keep the others in parts.
cschmidt62 Posted - 01/19/2012 : 18:14:54
I noticed the Louisville - Michigan thing too. I would have thought they were worth more, but I understand your reasons why their not.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 01/19/2012 : 17:31:31
Hmmm...I'll contact him, can't hurt. I couldn't pay $300 for boxes of parts, especially seeing that I don't know what to look for. We'll see if I can get some pics.
olcowhand Posted - 01/19/2012 : 17:00:50
quote:

OK Daniel....what's one worth?

Whatever you're willing to give I guess! No idea on this one, being you can't see what's there & what isn't there. A complete one with deck & blade in a basket....around $200 to $250. One running/driving with the same attachments, up to $500 tops.
They really don't command high prices, mainly due to being nearly impossible to find parts.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 01/19/2012 : 15:30:20
OK Daniel....what's one worth?
olcowhand Posted - 01/19/2012 : 15:25:59
I don't know what's up with that ad. Ad is in Louisville's Craigslist, but the tractor location says Michigan. The number is Michigan, and I can even see his house! http://www.spokeo.com/reverse-phone-lookup/search?p=5869493655

The completed tractor is NOT the one for sale, as I know who owns that tractor. The tractor for sale doesn't even show in the pics, just the engine, blade, & deck! This ad has been on Craigslist for at least a year!

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1