Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 70 / Visits Today: 70
Highest Active Users: 70
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Bush Hog Restoration
 Bush Hog Company's D4-10 Restoration

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
olcowhand Posted - 09/09/2007 : 20:23:28
In 2006 the Bush Hog Corporation started a factory restoration of a D4-10 tractor & a T-42A "Trail Mower" (rear pto bush hog). They displayed it at the February 2007 "National Farm Machinery Show" at Louisville, Ky. I had the pleasure of being a part of the restoration as the tractor decals were made by me. I had a set on ebay & they bought them and then requested more decals as the project progressed. I was floored to have been a part of it. They sent me many neat items as a gift...a winter BH jacket, BH pen set, die-cast bush hog replicas, hats, license plate, and the prized item....a cast grille emblem for a D4-10. They knew in our correspondence that I didn't have one and made sure I received one. Now when I get to my restoration I will have one "complete" tractor! They are great people down there in Selma Alabama!
Here are some pics of their restored D4-10 with my decals on it!

Here I am with Bush Hog's Rep, "Dawson", with whom I did all my correspondence with concerning the decals & other stuff. I'm the one wearing my Bush Hog jacket & hat.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
olcowhand Posted - 06/23/2009 : 16:08:34
Please start a thread for it with pics!
AllisRon Posted - 06/23/2009 : 15:05:02
I just found a mower like this-and I bought it even though was not sure it was a "Bush Hog" even though it had some faded decals on it
olcowhand Posted - 09/10/2007 : 12:49:32
quote:
Originally posted by mikefox

Sure like what I see.
Is the bolts, nuts & washers, chrome, zinc plated or what?

They had them zinc plated. They sure shine like chrome though, but if you were there you could tell it wasn't chrome.
mikefox Posted - 09/10/2007 : 12:03:42
Sure like what I see.
Are the bolts, nuts & washers, chrome, zinc plated or what?
olcowhand Posted - 09/10/2007 : 10:54:43
quote:
Originally posted by B112

Now that is just awesome! I ended up with a D4-10 with Tiller, plow, mower deck and haban sicklebar! Your restoration is one great looking machine. Thanks for showing us what you can do with one.

They did the restoration, I just did the decals. They spent about $6,000.00 restoring this tractor! They bought the main set of decals off ebay from me, but all the rest they needed I just donated as I was estatic to be part of it. I also told them of a couple things that were missing on the tractor when they sent me update pics on the progress. They don't even know production dates due to almost all info being tossed years ago. By engine numbers I've closed in on my own tractors being 66 or 67 models.
BTW, you must be member "lz..." who joined my yahoo group for Bush Hog Garden Tractors! Now I see why we have a section for them here! LOL Wish I could lay hands on a haban sicle mower, even better...a BH "Trail Mower". Even with the section here, please keep posting on my group so as to build a good base of info there. Will make it easier for someone to find it when doing a search.
olcowhand Posted - 09/09/2007 : 21:47:19
The decals look a bit "hand cut", but I made identical copies from pictures of the original "painted on" emblems so they would retain that "hand done" look. I did all the decals myself, except for the "caution" decal on shift panel. My cutter can't do the tiny lettering, so had a local guy make several for me.
For many weeks I was floating on a cloud by being a part of this resto. My wife was just about SICK of me talking about it. But I couldn't help it, I was SO stoked!
Roy Posted - 09/09/2007 : 21:37:45
"Now that is just awesome!"

Ditto.
B112 Posted - 09/09/2007 : 20:28:45
Now that is just awesome! I ended up with a D4-10 with Tiller, plow, mower deck and haban sicklebar! Your restoration is one great looking machine. Thanks for showing us what you can do with one.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1