Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 27474 / Visits Today: 956
Highest Active Users: 27474
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Bush Hog Restoration
 My 2nd & 3rd JBI Tractor

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
olcowhand Posted - 09/19/2010 : 09:39:02
Kind of behind keeping you guys up to speed on all my Bush Hog tractors. Several weeks ago I came across a JBI basket case...literally. Bought it cheap, but engine is stuck, & someone cut the crankshaft off to get driveshaft loose to pull the engine. 3pt lift mostly gone, but still enough to make a tractor. Brought it home & filed it away for later. Here it is:

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ATF Posted - 09/28/2010 : 09:13:55
I know you had a GT-14, I really like hydros, so if I get a chance at a C-145, C-165, or GT-14 in good shape, I'm going for it. I like wheel Horse, but I have to have a hydro
olcowhand Posted - 09/28/2010 : 08:41:36
There was an Amigo for sale a few weeks ago in Indiana for $1,000 and nicely restored. I of course had to pass it up. Gotta pay for the last JB yet. I used to have a WH GT14...great stout tractors.
ATF Posted - 09/27/2010 : 21:39:11
Those are great tractors Daniel, I like the more unusual rare tractors. Bush Hog is on my list, as is a Amigo, a Wheel Horse GT14 and a D Series
olcowhand Posted - 09/27/2010 : 20:40:31
I'm sick only when I can't acquire all the Bush Hog tractors I come across for sale. Don't worry guys, my mind is still intact....I'll be ok keeping the tractors! It really touches my heart how you guys are willing to sacrifice to help me out! LOL
acb10_64 Posted - 09/27/2010 : 20:35:47
Thanks for the pics! I've only seen a couple bush hog's that were restored, that and your pictures they are really growing on me. They look like they are built really tough, and i'll bet that rear bush hog mower works great!
B112 Posted - 09/27/2010 : 20:21:03
Bryon, if that works, I'll try that on Daniel too! Those machines look cool!
ByronC Posted - 09/27/2010 : 20:02:36
Danial,
Are you sick? There are doctors who can help you.
Bring that stuff to me so you can clear your mind...
B-16_IC Posted - 09/19/2010 : 10:48:09
I'd say you made a great buy! I have wondered if there was such a mower for the tractors, assumed with the name and all, just never saw until now. Just remember that package cost less than one of those pull behind trail mowers they sell in Northern and at the farm stores and it can do a lot more than just mow! I would love to have such a thing to mow some of my pasture hillsides that scare me with the big tractors, I'm still adjusting to variable elevation having grown up on flat ground.
olcowhand Posted - 09/19/2010 : 10:04:34
This is the only pic I have yet of the ST-32 tiller. The Sears cultivator also came with the package as it came with it all when he bought it. I'll likely sell the cultivator for a few bucks after restoring it.
The entire package, tractor, tiller, bush hog, & cultivator cost me $1200. Lot of money for a hobby, but I had to have that mower! I will restore the tractor some day, but for now I'll keep/use it as-is.
And I didn't say, but of course the tractor has factory rear PTO.

olcowhand Posted - 09/19/2010 : 09:58:34
Here is the tractor itself. The engine he said was good, but not started in some time. Figuring it would need work, I brought it home & did tuneup & valve job (exhaust valve was stuck open) & she fires up instantly. NO smoke at all & is good as a new engine. There was absolutely no ring groove & cylinder bore like new.
All works now after I went through all the wiring as it had been butchered. Hydro works perfectly. Besides cosmetics, the only thing needing attention is the steering box has slop. The "basket case" JBI is now serving as a parts tractor for my other 2 JB's. I already took the belly lift apparatus off it & put on this tractor (not installed in these pics) so I could mount the Bush Hog push blade I have for it.

olcowhand Posted - 09/19/2010 : 09:47:03
Well, then on Cincinatti Craigslist comes another JBI. The tractor was not the attraction, rather it was the Bush Hog brand S4242 Rotary mower (bush hog) built specifically for the JB tractor line. VERY RARE! Also came with a Bush Hog ST-32 rear pto tiller that can be used with the JB or D4 line as well as other Bush Hog tractors. The bush hog gearbox needed bearings & seals, and the tiller needs new chains & I('ll have to make a new gearbox shaft as this one is broken. Gears inside are like new though. Anyway, I brought the package home a few weeks ago. Gearbox on bush hog is rebuilt and mows perfectly. Will restore before next summer's shows begin. The tiller I've had no time for yet, but hopefully will have it finihed by showtime next summer also.
I had to borrow the money to buy this, and not the smart thing to do, but the rarity of the mower forced me to do it. There are only 4 known S4242 bush hog mowers said to exist, but this one is the ONLY one anyone has actually seen. there are surely more, but these are all known of. This one has had front wheels added, but are the exact wheels as the back caster wheel, so are OE, likely ordered special.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1