Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 147 / Visits Today: 147
Highest Active Users: 147
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Bush Hog Restoration
 Ready for Show

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
olcowhand Posted - 10/02/2009 : 15:46:07
Got 3 tractors loaded for tomorrow's local show. The Bush Hog JBI and D4-10. The D4-10 is my entry for "ugliest tractor. Brought that plaque home with it last year. Also have my MF12 ready to go. Usually I take about 7 to 8 tractors, but just too darn tired to deal with that many. More pics after the show. Not taking Allis 416...carb issue & no time to fix her.

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
olcowhand Posted - 10/04/2009 : 22:14:40
quote:
Originally posted by B-16_IC

BTW, what's the odd blue thing in the forefront of pic three? Looks interesting, some kind of groundkeeper machine?

An older fella built that from junk. It's articulated, and has a CCK Onan engine. Doesn't mow, he just tows stuff or uses the front blade.
B112 Posted - 10/04/2009 : 21:32:07
Yes, thanks for sharing. I looked over the photos also.
B-16_IC Posted - 10/04/2009 : 21:22:58
Thanks for sharing the pics! Looks like it was a nice show, I would have loved to look over the New Holland Haycruiser. Never seen one in person. BTW, what's the odd blue thing in the forefront of pic three? Looks interesting, some kind of groundkeeper machine?
olcowhand Posted - 10/04/2009 : 10:09:19
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

noooo! Persian orange????

Actually, I don't think there was a single one there! Not too many Allis around here, and there were a few other towns having their "Day" at the same time, so not many from outside community. Never have been many Allis tractors at this show, but usually at least one!
skunkhome Posted - 10/04/2009 : 10:03:51
noooo! Persian orange????
olcowhand Posted - 10/04/2009 : 09:20:05
Easier to link to my photobucket pics.
Guest password: cow2cow

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/olcowhand_in_ky/Lincoln%20Days%202009/
skunkhome Posted - 10/04/2009 : 00:31:34
hope photos are coming
olcowhand Posted - 10/03/2009 : 20:04:10
quote:
Originally posted by B112

How well does your D4-10 run? With that solid transmission and axle design, I'm interested to see how those run.

She runs like a top..no smoke even! The right rear axle seal leaks, so need to replace it. Other than that, she's just ugly. I have a complete mowing deck also, but may never actually use it. This D4-10 will remain as-is. My other to restore is "completely" taken apart for sandblasting...one piece at a time till done. Only have about 10% blasted so far. Hoping to finish blasting this winter after harvest.
It's engine doesn't need anything either really, but I have a new std piston/ring set & new rod, so may go ahead & restore the innards of engine also.
B112 Posted - 10/03/2009 : 19:57:50
How well does your D4-10 run? With that solid transmission and axle design, I'm interested to see how those run.
olcowhand Posted - 10/03/2009 : 19:49:15
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

that is the first time I have seen your Bush Hog along side other garden tractors. What a Beast!

Yep, she (JBI)could pass as "sub-compact"! My D4-10 won "Ugliest" for 2nd year in a row. That got me a 53pc Craftsman tool set! Who says ugly is bad! Had a good time...but tired. Funny how standing around spreading bull will wear you out more than a hard day of working!
skunkhome Posted - 10/02/2009 : 23:49:40
that is the first time I have seen your Bush Hog along side other garden tractors. What a Beast!

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1