Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2603 / Visits Today: 1312
Highest Active Users: 2603
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Projects (mechanical/electrical)
 Broken Fly Wheel Gear

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lilypad Posted - 05/23/2014 : 00:16:37
I had left my Ferguson TO-20 setting in the garden for a few days and decided it was time to move it. It always starts but takes some cranking and it smokes and sputters for a few seconds, so I start cranking and it sounded like the fan was hitting something. It started but I think that the fly wheel gear ring has a broken tooth. I can buy a brand new ring on Ebay for less than $30 but not sure how complicated the process of changing one out. I have just about gotten my garden going maybe I will find time to see if I can get the 4041 running before it gets too hot to work in the shop. The shop was planned to be insulated and sheet rocked before now but that hasn't happened. Now we had a wind storm last night that took several shingle off of the south side of the shop so now I am looking at a new roof job. I had hoped to get buy for another year or two. I now have all my garden that is planted set up on drip tubes. Now to buy a timer so I don't have to mess with it.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
B-16_IC Posted - 05/23/2014 : 22:23:23
You sir are singing what appears to be my favorite song, I want/need to do ten things but only have the wherewhithal to do two!
That Fergy is a simple machine to work on, it will of course need to be split in two to change the flywheel ring gear, not a huge job, but rather involved. I truly wish you were close by, I'd be happy to lend a hand. I haven't split a Fergy in twenty years but it's a project near and dear to my heart. (That's a story in it's own.) One piece of advise, if you tear into it yourself, don't let anyone spin the steering wheel while the steering is disconnected!! Very important tip when working on Fergies!

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1