Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 736 / Visits Today: 736
Highest Active Users: 736
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Projects (mechanical/electrical)
 Need insight

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
skunkhome Posted - 12/28/2012 : 21:07:41
Some time ago I purchased two hour-meters and installed on one my 3414.
It was a simple mechanical clock and the hook up was simple. The other one I intended to put on my B112 but never got around to it; first because I had to cut a hole and secondly it is digital and the installation isn't as straight forward.

I understand (assume) that an always hot 12v+ is attached to spade #1 and a ground to spade #2, I presume to provide a continuous display. Then another switchable 12V+ is attached to spade #3. Since the display has to be on a minimum of 5 seconds before a signal 12v+ is supplied to Spade #3 than I would suppose that 12v= can be supplied by the L or A circuit or on my 916H the I circuit on the ignition switch. Is this correct or could I just supply power to #1 & #3 simultaneously? Please help me interpret.
BTW: this is product #701.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sammiefish Posted - 01/05/2013 : 17:06:40
quote:
Originally posted by swbg

If you apply power all the time to terminal 1 with a corresponding ground or neutral to terminal 2, and terminal 3 only when your tractor is on, then your display will be on all the time. It will of course only add hours when the tractor is on. This will allow you to read the hours without turning on the tractor. However it will also put a very slight drain on the battery which may or may not be a problem for you.

The other choice is to jumper wires 1 and 3 together and feed it from a source that is only on when the tractor is on. Then you will not have a slight drain on the battery when the tractor is off, however you won't be able to read the display when the tractor is off.

sounds good... i was wondering a bit here...
swbg Posted - 01/05/2013 : 10:11:20
If you apply power all the time to terminal 1 with a corresponding ground or neutral to terminal 2, and terminal 3 only when your tractor is on, then your display will be on all the time. It will of course only add hours when the tractor is on. This will allow you to read the hours without turning on the tractor. However it will also put a very slight drain on the battery which may or may not be a problem for you.

The other choice is to jumper wires 1 and 3 together and feed it from a source that is only on when the tractor is on. Then you will not have a slight drain on the battery when the tractor is off, however you won't be able to read the display when the tractor is off.
Cvans Posted - 12/28/2012 : 22:49:03
I'd say our on the right track. Simple schematic would have been a big plus.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1